Do you use sweetened or unsweetened coconut for Magic Bars?
Ingredients to Add to Magic Cookie Bars If you want a bit more convenience, you might be able to find pre-made graham cracker crumbs at the grocery store. Coconut Flakes: Feel free to use sweetened or unsweetened coconut flakes. It is up to have much of a sweet tooth you have!
How do you make coconut Magic Bars?
Coconut Magic Bars
- ½ cup unsalted butter.
- ¼ cup light brown sugar, packed.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs, approximately 15 to 16 full sheets.
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut.
- ¾ cup pecans, coarsely chopped.
- 1 ⅔ cups sweetened condensed milk.
How do you make easy magic bars?
- Preheat oven to 350F:
- Make the graham cracker crust:
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the graham cracker crust:
- Layer on the rest of the toppings:
- Bake in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes:
- Cool completely before lifting the bars out of the pan using the parchment paper:
Why are my magic cookie bars gooey?
Sweetened Condensed Milk – binds the bars together and is SO ooey gooey.
What are the 7 layers of 7 Layer Bars?
7 Layer Bars get their name since there are typically seven layers of flavors to them. You have the butter, cookie crust, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, nuts, coconut, and the sweetened condensed milk topping.
Can I make magic cookie bars without coconut?
One of the great things about this Christmas dessert recipe is it’s easy to make your own magic cookie bar variations. If you prefer no coconut, you can simply leave it out.
How do you make a magic square bar?
How to Make Magic Bars
- Step 1: Preheat + Prep. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Step 2: Make the Crust. In a small bowl, stir melted butter together with graham cracker crumbs until moist.
- Step 3: Layer Goodies. Top crust with chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, coconut, and pecans.
- Step 4: Bake, Cool + Slice.
Is evaporated milk and condensed milk the same?
Evaporated milk is sweetened condensed milk without any added sugar. Both these shelf-stable products are made with milk that’s had about 60 percent of its water removed, with sweetened condensed milk being—you guessed it—sweetened.
What’s the recipe for magic cookie bars?
Making the bars is simple. You melt butter, pour it into your pan, and press a layer of graham cracker crumbs into the butter. Pour a can of condensed milk over the pan. Add a layer of chocolate chips, toasted nuts (any kind you like), and coconut and bake!
Can I use evaporated milk instead of condensed milk?
Because sweetened condensed milk and evaporated milk are very similar, evaporated milk can serve as a substitute. You won’t get the same sweet, caramelized flavor with it, but the consistency will be similar when using a cup for cup substitution.
Why is it called 7 layer bars?
7 Layers of Deliciousness 7 Layer Bars get their name since there are typically seven layers of flavors to them. You have the butter, cookie crust, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, nuts, coconut, and the sweetened condensed milk topping.
Should you refrigerate 7 layer bars?
You don’t need to refrigerate 7 layer bars. There is nothing in them that requires refrigeration. But we found that we liked them better chilled, and they were definitely less crumbly.