How do I fix out of memory or system resources error in Outlook?
Two easy methods to fix Microsoft Outlook errors out of memory or system resources are discussed below:
- Reduce Number of Opened PST Files in Outlook Account.
- Reduce Cache Memory Size of Each PST Data File.
How do I fix out of memory or system resources?
Solutions to Outlook Error “Out of memory or system resources”
- 1: Reduce the Number of Outlook PST Files Opened.
- 2: Repair the PST file.
- 3: Add More RAM.
- 4: Delete Unnecessary Email Messages.
- 5: Disable Add-Ins.
- 6: Delete Unnecessary Files.
- 7: Upgrade to a Newer Version of Outlook.
- 8: Repair Your Outlook Installation.
Why does my Outlook say out of memory?
More often than not, the Outlook error “Out of memory or system resources” usually occurs when you connect too many PST files in considerable size to Outlook.
How do I clear my Outlook memory?
Clear Partial Memory in Outlook
- Step 1- Open Outlook.
- Step 2- Click on the File option on the top left corner.
- Step 3- Now click on the Tools option besides the Mailbox Settings.
- Step 4- Now, from the drop-down box, select Mailbox Cleanup.
- Step 5- A new window for Mailbox Cleanup opens.
How do I allocate more RAM to Microsoft Outlook?
To increase the size of the memory heap, follow these steps:
- Exit Outlook.
- Select Start, select Run, type regedit, and then select OK.
- Locate and then select the following registry subkey:
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then select DWORD Value.
- Type SharedMemMaxSize, and then press Enter.
Can not start Microsoft Outlook Cannot open the Outlook window the set of folders Cannot be opened?
Microsoft Outlook may sometimes fail to launch with the “The set of folders cannot be opened” error. To fix it, launch Outlook in Safe Mode and disable your add-ins. Then repair Office and Outlook, create a new user profile and reinstall the email client.
What is inbox repair tool in Microsoft Outlook?
The Inbox Repair tool checks the Outlook data files on your computer to see if they’re in good shape. You might want to use the Inbox Repair tool in the following situations: You receive a message that Outlook can’t open your data file. You receive a message that Outlook can’t open the set of folders.
What do I do when my Outlook Inbox is full?
In Outlook, choose File> Cleanup Tools > Mailbox Cleanup….Here are some ways to keep your mailbox size under control:
- Archive older items – Move old items you want to keep to an archive.
- Empty the Deleted Items folder – Empty the Deleted Items folder frequently to make sure you aren’t keeping messages you don’t need.
Will more RAM make Outlook faster?
More RAM Means Better Speed Windows swaps their code and data between the hard drive and RAM, a factor that slows down the computer to a snail’s pace. When you increase the RAM size, you reduce the amount of swapping your operating system has to do, hence improving the system performance.
How do I check memory usage in Outlook?
Click “gear” icon at the top-right corner of OWA window. Select “View all Outlook settings”. Click “General”, then “Storage”. The mailbox usage will be shown.