How do you make Mexican rice with ground beef?
Cook the ground beef and onion together with salt and pepper to taste in a large skillet over medium high heat until beef is no longer pink. Drain grease if necessary. Return the pan to the stove and sprinkle the beef with the garlic powder and taco seasoning. Stir in the rice, broth, corn, tomato sauce, and salsa.
Can you put meat in Spanish Rice?
Read our disclosure policy. This easy one-pot Spanish Rice with Ground Beef is an excellent side dish choice or add your favorite toppings for an economical, family-friendly meal.
What meat goes with Mexican rice?
Mexican Beef and Rice Skillet
- Ground Beef – use a lean ground beef if possible.
- Taco Seasoning – my homemade taco blend is amazing!
- Diced Tomatoes – from the can (juices and all)
- Fire Roasted Corn – from a can (or frozen corn will work too)
- Beef Broth – low sodium.
- Colby Jack Cheese – or a Mexican cheese blend.
What can I make with hamburger and rice?
But you can also dress hamburger rice up a million different ways, from sautéing onion with the beef to seasoning it with chili powder and serving it with sour cream and avocado. Try it with kale or spinach, put some grated cheese on top, or just have ketchup or barbecue sauce on the side. You can’t go wrong.
How do you make meat and rice mix?
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease.
- Stir rice portion of packaged rice mix into beef; cook and stir until rice is lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
How do you make Mexican rice?
- Heat oil in a 5 quart saute pan over medium-high heat. Add rice.
- Reduce heat to low to avoid spattering. Gently pour in warm water, then tomato sauce and stir.
- Turn off heat, fluff rice then let sit, covered, for 5-10 minutes before serving.
What meat is good in Spanish rice?
It’s a rice dish made with ground beef, sautéed onions and garlic, rice cooked in chicken broth with diced tomatoes and perfectly spiced! Spanish rice can really mean different things to different people. There are thousands of different versions out there.
How do you make beef and rice?
- Heat a large pot or skillet over medium heat. Add vegetable oil.
- Stir in beef stock and bay leaf; bring to a low simmer. Cover and simmer over low heat until beef is tender, about 1 1/2-2 hours.
- Add cold water to a small measuring cup or mixing bowl.
- Serve warm over cooked rice.
Can you cook rice and meat at the same time?
Adding meat and vegetables to cooking rice is an easy way to create a meal in one pot. It could also be a legume, vegetable, and rice mix. Everything cooks in one pot. The cooking process is simple and needs little attention.
How do you make quick Mexican rice?
Begin by browning the rice in the oil (we use about ⅛ but it depends on how much you like). Add the minced garlic and sauté for a minute before adding the tomato sauce, chicken broth (or water and bouillon cube) and spices. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30-40 minutes. Fluff up before serving.
What do you put on a Mexican Hamburger and rice?
The easy Mexican hamburger and rice can be garnished with cheese or sour cream. You could also add tomatoes or green onions. Serve over tortilla chips or as a burrito.
How long to cook a Mexican Hamburger and rice?
After the rice is done cooking, stir it in the hamburger mixture. . Cook on the stove top for another 3-5 minutes then serve. The easy Mexican hamburger and rice can be garnished with cheese or sour cream.
How do you cook a hamburger with rice and spices?
Enjoy hamburger, rice and spices served with tortilla chips. Cook hamburger until no longer pink. Drain any grease and return to pan Add taco seasoning, ½ cup water and mix well. Add chopped peppers and cook on medium/low for 5 minutes Drain water and add rice to hamburger mixture. Stir well and cook for another 3-5 minutes
What is the best way to cook rice with salsa?
Add salsa, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, salt, pepper and cilantro. Mix thoroughly. Bring to a boil and stir in rice. Cover and cook until rice is done, about 25 minutes. Sprinkle Cheddar cheese over the mixture and continue cooking 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.