What are the ingredients for fudge?
How do you make vanilla fudge?
In a medium sized saucepan add the sugar, evaporated milk and butter. Bring to a boil on medium high heat and let it boil for 10 minutes. I kept stirring mine occasionally with a wire whisk. Remove from heat and pour the hot mixture over the white chocolate chips, marshmallow cream and vanilla.
What is vanilla fudge made of?
Key Ingredients Heavy Cream: This will help us achieve a rich, thick, creamy vanilla fudge. Vanilla: Per usual, opt for pure vanilla extract over the imitation stuff. Corn Syrup: This not only helps further sweeten the fudge, but gets it to the consistency we’re looking for — velvety smooth.
How do you make soft vanilla fudge?
- Tip the sugar, butter, milk, and evaporated milk into a heavy-based pan and heat gently, stirring frequently, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to the boil and as the temperature rises, stir the fudge occasionally (be careful as the mixture is very hot) so that the sugar doesn’t stick and burn.
What happens if you don’t put vanilla extract in fudge?
There are lots of fudge recipes around which don’t use vanilla at all (it’s a treat which is very open to experimentation in general). So if you don’t add vanilla, it won’t taste like vanilla, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it will taste bad, have the wrong consistency or behave differently when cooked and cooled.
Can I substitute heavy cream for milk in fudge?
Heavy cream – This is what gives it a creamy texture and adds a little more fat. You can also substitute the cream for whole milk.
How do you make fudge with 5 ingredients?
- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon butter, divided.
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips.
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips.
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
Which is better for fudge evaporated or condensed milk?
Unfortunately, you cannot use evaporated milk instead of condensed milk in fudge. You can substitute evaporated milk for regular milk in many instances, but it will not give the same rich, creamy taste that you get from the sweetened condensed milk.