What exercises strengthen the MCL?
Knee flexion with heel slide
- Lie on your back with your knees bent.
- Slide your heel back by bending your affected knee as far as you can. Then hook your other foot around your ankle to help pull your heel even farther back.
- Hold for about 6 seconds, then rest for up to 10 seconds.
- Repeat 8 to 12 times.
What can a physical therapy treatment do to help an MCL tear?
Physical therapy will help you return to your normal lifestyle and activities.
- First 24 to 48 Hours. Your physical therapist may advise you to:
- Reduce Pain.
- Improve Motion.
- Improve Strength.
- Improve Balance.
- Speed Recovery Time.
- Return To Activities.
- Prevent Future Injury.
Should you exercise with an MCL injury?
You may ride the stationary bicycle daily for 10 to 20 minutes. Avoid using stair-stepper machines, doing deep knee bends and squats or any exercise that causes crunching, clicking or pain at the kneecap.
Does massage help MCL injury?
Massage to the MCL ligament is also beneficial much later in the rehabilitation process. Sometimes the ligament can stick to the bone underneath and freeing this up with massage can help with knee mobility and how the knee feels in general.
Can you do squats with a torn MCL?
You may ride the stationary bicycle daily for 10 to 20 minutes. Avoid using stair-stepper machines, doing deep knee bends and squats or any exercise that causes crunching, clicking or pain at the kneecap. Stand facing a table, using the table for balance and support.
Why is my MCL not healing?
In some rare cases, the ligament may be torn in a way that it cannot heal itself, so surgery may become necessary. It can also be necessary if other ligaments are torn at the same time. Your doctor will recommend wearing a knee brace during physical activity while your knee is healing.
Which oil is best for ligament repair?
STRAIN, SPRAIN OR LIGAMENT STRAIN: YOU ABSOLUTELY NEED THESE 2 ESSENTIAL OILS:
- Helichrysum italicum essential oil.
- Katrafay essential oil.
- Field mint essential oil.
- Lemon eucalyptus essential oil.