How do I fix SMTP Error 535?
Methods To Resolve “SMTP Error 535 Authentication Failed” Message
- Firstly, you should log in to your control panel and check your current account status.
- Check the username and password provided to log in to your mail server.
- Block the IP addresses that are consistently trying to log in to your account.
How do I fix mimecast error?
How can we resolve general issues with Mimecast for Outlook?
- Close Microsoft Outlook.
- Ensure the msddsk.exe process isn’t running in the Task Manager. Stop it if it is.
- Navigate to the “%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Mimecast” directory, and delete the msw. s3db file.
- Re-open Microsoft Outlook.
What is 535 Invalid user ID or password?
This error can have two meanings: The username and password that you have entered into your program are incorrect and you are failing authentication. Your account has been disabled because of a problem. You are using IP based authentication and your account has been disabled or has expired (uncommon)
How do I authenticate on Mimecast?
- Select the Mimecast ribbon.
- Select the Account Options icon in the General section. The Authentication Settings dialog is displayed:
- Select an Authentication Option.
- Enter your Password.
How do I fix Mimecast in Outlook?
- Click the File tab.
- Click on the Options menu item.
- Click on the Add-Ins menu item.
- Select COM Add-ins in the “Manage” drop down list at the bottom of the dialog.
- Click the Go…
- Ensure the Mimecast for Outlook add-in is enabled.
- Click on the OK button to close the window and return to Microsoft Outlook.
What does 5.7 0 authentication required mean?
The server response was: 5.7. 0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first: This error means that the transport layer security (TLS) needs to be set to “Yes” in your SMTP settings. The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated.