What are good topics for a newspaper?
Some great topics to write on are:
- New governmental policies.
- Trending stories – stories that polarize people, cause social upheaval, or that most people are following.
- Social issues (parenting, divorce, dating, religion, marriage, diversity, racism, etc).
- School policy and rules.
- School curriculum.
How do you choose a topic for a newspaper article?
15 Ways to Generate New Article Ideas
- Have a niche.
- Write an impassioned opinion piece.
- Write a self-help column.
- Peruse trending topics.
- Follow up on a previous story.
- Write an explanatory article about a piece of national news.
- Write a pop culture roundup.
- Seek out personal stories.
What should be included in a middle school newspaper?
Some common sections include news, features, entertainment, sports, arts, and editorial. Think about what’s most important at your school, and use that to establish major sections. For instance, maybe your school has a heavy focus on academics and the arts.
How do you get featured story ideas?
- People Around You. You would not even believe how much inspiration you can get just by interacting with other people.
- Local Newspapers.
- Niche Exhibitions and Shows.
- Your Own Curiosity.
- Online Researches and Studies.
- Newsletters for High-Quality Feature Story Ideas.
- Journal Alerts.
Where can I find news story ideas?
Here are FIVE easy ways to find a story, either a feature story or news story.
- 1) IT’S YOU! Are YOU interested?
- 2) FRIENDS. Talk to your friends for a journalism story.
- 3) SOCIAL NETWORKS. The advent of digital media has completely changed journalism.
- 4) LOCAL NEWSPAPERS.
- 5) WEBSITE SEARCHES.
How do you decide what topics to write about?
Guidelines for Choosing a Topic
- Choose a topic that’s appropriate to the length of your paper.
- Avoid a topic that will tempt you to summarize rather than to discuss or analyze.
- Choose a topic that interests you.
- If your assignment requires research, choose a topic on which you can find material.
How do I start just writing?
8 Great Ways to Start the Writing Process
- Start in the Middle. If you don’t know where to start, don’t bother deciding right now.
- Start Small and Build Up.
- Incentivize the Reader.
- Commit to a Title Up Front.
- Create a Synopsis.
- Allow Yourself to Write Badly.
- Make Up the Story as You Go.
- Do the Opposite.
How do you make a hook for a newspaper?
Want to Hook Your Readers? Apply These 10 Principles to Create Captivating News Stories
- Begin with the most important facts first.
- Make your text thorough but succinct.
- Use the active tense.
- Communicate what’s new or different.
- Focus on human interest.
- Avoid jargon.
- Write acronyms out in full in the first reference.