What does redirect mean in Outlook rules?
If you use redirect, your email will be redirected to another email address specified by a user created inbox rule. This rule will redirect the emails as if they came directly from the original sender’s email address.
What is the basic rule of redirecting Mail?
Messages that are redirected will appear to come from the original sender. When you reply to a message that has been redirected, the reply will be sent to the original sender. To redirect email messages, you must set up an inbox rule.
How do I automatically forward emails to another email address?
Turn on automatic forwarding
- On your computer, open Gmail using the account you want to forward messages from.
- In the top right, click Settings.
- Click the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- In the “Forwarding” section, click Add a forwarding address.
- Enter the email address you want to forward messages to.
- Click Next Proceed.
How do you redirect emails in Outlook?
In the Options menu, select Mail > Accounts > Forwarding. Do one of the following: To turn on forwarding, select Start forwarding, enter the forwarding email address, and select Save. Note: Select the Keep a copy of forwarded messages check box if you want a copy of the original message to remain in your mailbox.
How do I setup a redirect in Outlook?
Turn on automatic forwarding in Outlook on the web
- At the top of the page, select Settings. > View all Outlook settings.
- Select Mail > Forwarding.
- Select Enable forwarding, enter the forwarding email address, and select Save. Notes:
What is difference between redirect and forward method?
The Forward method forwards a request from one servlet to another resource in a web application and this resource can be another servlet, JSP page, or HTML file. The Redirect method, on the other hand, redirects the request to a different application. You cannot do this with a forward method.
How do I create a redirect rule in Outlook?
Redirect all messages to another account
- In Outlook Web App, click Settings.
- On the Inbox rules tab, click the arrow next to the plus symbol +, and select Create a new rule for arriving messages.
- Under When the message arrives, select Apply to all messages.
- Under Do the following, select Redirect the message to.
How do I set up automatic forwarding in Outlook?
How to enable email forwarding in Outlook
- Click File at the top left of your screen.
- Click the Manage Rules & Alerts button towards the bottom of the Account Information menu.
- Click the New Rule…
- Select ‘Apply rule on messages I receive’ then click Next.
- Tick the box for ‘redirect it to people or public group’.