How do I fix my HP Operating system not found?
Use one of the following steps to resolve the error:
- Step 1: Test the Hard Drive. Use the steps below to test the hard drive in a Notebook PC using the HP Hard Drive Self Test.
- Step 2: Repair the Master Boot Record.
- Step 3: Reinstall the Windows Operating System on the Hard Drive.
- Step 4: Contact HP.
How do I fix missing Operating system without CD?
How do I repair Windows without a disk?
- Boot the computer.
- Press F8 and hold until your system boots into Windows Advanced Boot Options.
- Select Repair Cour Computer.
- Select a keyboard layout.
- Click Next.
- Login as an administrative user.
- Click OK.
- At the System Recovery Options window, select Startup Repair.
Why does my computer say missing Operating system?
This issue may occur if one or more of the following conditions are true: The basic input/output system (BIOS) does not detect the hard disk. The hard disk is damaged. Sector 0 of the physical hard disk drive has an incorrect or malformed master boot record (MBR).
How can I fix my laptop without operating system?
Let’s take a look at how to fix the “operating system not found” error on Windows 10.
- Check the BIOS.
- Reset the BIOS.
- Fix the Boot Records. Microsoft Windows primarily relies on three records to boot your machine.
- Enable or Disable UEFI Secure Boot.
- Activate the Windows Partition.
- Use Easy Recovery Essentials.
What will happen to your computer if the operating system will not function anymore?
You can, but your computer would stop working because Windows is the operating system, the software that makes it tick and provides a platform for programs, like your web browser, to run on. Without an operating system your laptop is just a box of bits that do not know how to communicate with one another, or you.