How do you conduct a value stream analysis?
How to draw a value stream map
- Determine the scope of your value stream map. Create your start and end points first, and place them in the top left and right corners of your document.
- Map the steps of your process.
- Add inventory and wait times.
- Designate the direction of information flows.
- Create a timeline.
What are the steps in making VSM?
Value Stream Mapping in 7 Steps
- Document the current process.
- Identify and list every step in the process.
- Identify customer value.
- Define what the perfect process looks like.
- Identify those parts of the current process that get in the way of perfection.
- Identify major initiatives to reduce or eliminate waste.
What is the purpose of value stream analysis?
The value stream is the entire collection of activities necessary to produce and deliver a product or service. Value stream analysis separates those activities that contribute to value creation from activities that create waste, and identifies opportunities for improvement.
What is the first step in the VSM?
The first step in value stream mapping is to create a current state map. This map can help identify waste such as delays, restrictions, inefficiencies, and excess inventories. These are then eliminated in the ideal state map, which gives the organization a working plan to achieve lean efficiency.
What does value stream mean?
The value stream for a business process is the series of steps that occur to provide the product, service and/or experience the customer desires. Thus steps that do not add value, that represent waste or that a customer does not want and would not pay for are not part of the value stream, meaning they’d be removed.
What is an example of a value stream?
Value is monetary or material worth. Something that someone is willing to pay for. Therefore, the value stream represents the sequence of actions that are required in order to receive a payment from someone, from initial order through to final delivery. In some cases the value stream could represent a non-monetary item (for example, in a
What is value stream diagram?
Process. This category includes symbols for showing customers or suppliers,dedicated process flows,data boxes (e.g.
What is the definition of a value stream?
The value stream definition refers to the steps a company uses to provide a service, product or experience that actually add value to the process. The value stream for a business process is the series of steps that occur to provide the product, service and/or experience the customer desires.