What is another name for the Xi River?
Xi River system, Chinese (Pinyin) Xi Jiang or (Wade-Giles romanization) Hsi Chiang (“West River”), conventional Si Kiang, system of rivers that combine to form the longest river of southern China.
Where is the Xi Jiang river located?
The Xi River (/ʃiː/; Chinese: 西江) or Si-Kiang is the western tributary of the Pearl River in southern China. It is formed by the confluence of the Gui and Xun Rivers in Wuzhou, Guangxi….Xi River.
|The Pearl River system including the Xi River|
|Country||China and Vietnam|
Which is biggest river in the world?
Here is a list of five longest rivers of the world
- Nile River: The longest river in the world. Nile River: the longest river in the world (Image: 10mosttoday)
- Amazon River: Second longest and the largest by water flow. Amazon River (Image: 10mosttoday)
- Yangtze River: The longest river in Asia.
Which is the smallest river in Asia?
- Butsubutsu River, in Wakayama Prefecture in Japan, 13.5 meters (44 ft) long.
- Tamborasi River, in Southeast Sulawesi in Indonesia, approximately 20 meters (66 ft) long.
- Singapore River, 3.2 kilometers (2.0 mi) long.
- Pasig River, 25.2 kilometers (15.7 mi) long.
- Madu River, 4.4 kilometers (2.7 mi)
Why is the Xi River important?
The Xi River has long been the great source of an abundance of freshwater fish, and with this, it helped the place in expanding economically by way of allowing for commercial fisheries to exist. In fact, there are almost 380 varieties of fish subsist here in this basin, and 120 of these fish are endemic as well.
Where is the Si River?
The Si River is a river in Shandong Province, China. It also ran through the area of modern Jiangsu Province until floods in 1194.