Can I make a pie crust out of biscuits?
This pie crust starts out a lot like a biscuit recipe where butter is cut into a mixture of flour and baking powder to form a coarse meal like texture and then milk is mixed in to form a dough. From there, instead of forming a disc and cutting out biscuits the dough is rolled out into a thin pie crust.
How do you make a biscuit base for a pie?
How to make a biscuit base
- The mixture: Start by processing the biscuits / cookies to fine crumbs. Then mix in one egg white and some melted butter.
- Mould the base: Tip the crumb mixture into your pie dish or tart tin. Use a glass to help you press it down firmly to the bottom and up the sides (photo 1).
Can you bake a biscuit crust?
As you’ll find mentioned often here on BoB, when you’re filling a cookie crust with a no-bake filling, you can either bake the crust briefly or skip the oven time by chilling the crust instead. I usually prefer to bake these kinds of crusts about 10 minutes just to help them hold together a bit better.
How do you make a cheesecake base with biscuits?
- Rub some butter around the inside of a 18cm/7” round dish or loose-bottomed tin.
- Crush the biscuits into fine crumbs.
- Gently melt the butter.
- Add the butter to the crushed biscuit crumb and mix well.
- Tip the mixture into the prepared dish and smooth the top.
- Chill the biscuit base.
Can you use biscuit dough for quiche?
Ham and Cheese Biscuit Quiche – our FAVORITE quiche! The crust is made out of homemade biscuit dough. It is like a big open-faced ham, egg and cheese biscuit.
What biscuits can I use for cheesecake base?
Whether you’re baking or fridge-setting your cheesecake, a crust made from crushed digestive biscuits mixed with melted butter is the classic choice.
Can I use shortbread biscuits for cheesecake base?
Let’s break it down! Our base for this No Bake Millionaire’s Shortbread Cheesecake Recipe is crushed shortbread biscuits combined with butter (just two ingredients).
What else can you make with biscuit dough?
26 Delicious Things You Can Make With A Tube Of Biscuit Dough
- Waffles stuffed with bacon and topped with fried chicken.
- Cinnamon-cardamom-sugar donuts that are gorgeous AND delicious.
- Or a mixture of shredded chicken, cheese, and Sriracha.
- Sweet apple pie pull-apart bread.
- Melty blue cheese bread.