How do I clean up my WSUSContent folder?
To clean up the downloaded content on the WSUSContent folder, we will need to decline all the updates in WSUS console (don’t worry, this won’t impact your ConfigMgr patching or metadata in ConfigMgr console, you are safe doing it) and run the server clean up wizard.
How do I clean up and repair WSUS database?
Perform WSUS maintenance
- Back up the WSUS database.
- Create custom indexes.
- Reindex the WSUS database.
- Decline superseded updates.
- Run the WSUS Server Cleanup Wizard.
How do I clean up WSUS?
To run the Server Cleanup Wizard in WSUS Console.
- First of all launch the WSUS administration console.
- Select Options, and then click Server Cleanup Wizard.
- On Select Items to clean page, select what all you would like to clean up on WSUS server.
- The wizard will begin the cleanup process.
How do I move Susdb?
- Expand Databases and right-click on SUSDB and select Tasks > Detach… from the context menu.
- Select the “Drop Connection” checkbox and click OK.
- A message saying that the DB is not accessible should appear.
- Move the database files to the new drive or location where you are planning to keep it.
How do I shrink a WSUSContent folder?
To reduce the WSUS Content folder size, we need to manage on the WSUS server, decline useless updates then run Server Cleanup Wizard, it may delete the declined updates’ binary files in Content folder. It’s not recommended to delete the files in the Content folder directly, since it may cause WSUS work incorrectly.
How do I fix a corrupt WSUS database?
If your Windows Server Update Services WSUS is having problems there are five easy things to do to correct it:
- Restart the three WSUS related services:
- Run a clean up job on the WSUS database using a PowerShell Script Microsoft has written.
- Run a clean up job of the WSUS data using a PowerShell command.
What does WSUS Reset do?
The reset will actually pull down all updates to ensure that your WSUS server is packed with everything that needs to be there to continue delivering updates to end-users computers. If for some reason files are missing, or were accidentally deleted, the reset will put them back.
How do I move Susdb MDF to another drive?
To reattach the database, right-click on Database and select Attach … from the context menu. On the Attach Databases page select the Add button. Browse to the new location of the SUSDB. mdf database and select OK twice to complete the move.
What happens when you run Wsusutil EXE?
#### Movecontent When you run this command, WSUSutil.exe does the following: – Copies the update files from the old location into the new location. – Updates the WSUS database to refer to the new location of the update files. The destination folder where update files are moved to must be on an NTFS partition.
What is WSUSContent folder?
The WSUSContent folder is where WSUS stores information regarding Microsoft software update EULA’s, third-party software update content, and Microsoft update content when using WSUS standalone without SCCM.
How big is the susdb MDF file?
Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. The susdb.mdf file however, is still on the C drive and is a whopping 15.1 GB big.
How do I shrink a susdb file?
Right click on the database name (“SUSDB”) on the left. From ‘Tasks’, select ‘Shrink’=>’Files’. In the wizard, change the “Shrink Action” from “Release Unused Space” to “Reorganise pages before releasing unused space. This takes the holes out of the file.
How big can a MDF file get?
This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. The susdb.mdf file however, is still on the C drive and is a whopping 15.1 GB big. I do find it somewhat incredulous that a SUSDB.mdf file on a Small Business Server could grow to 15GB+ in size.
How do I delete a table from a susdb database?
Delete all of these like this: 1 Click on the database name ‘SUSDB’ 2 Click ‘New Query’ 3 Type ‘truncate table tbEventInstance’ in to the Query Editor 4 Click the ‘Execute’ button – or press F5. More