How do I Group A picture caption in Word?
Click inside the text box and type the text you want to use for a caption. Select the picture and text box, and then on the Picture Tools Format tab, click Group.
How do I get rid of the lines in a table of contents in Word?
To erase table lines, follow these steps:
- Create your table as you normally would.
- Choose the Toolbars option from the View menu, and make sure Tables and Borders is selected from the resulting submenu.
- Click on the Eraser tool on the toolbar.
- Click and drag to select the table lines you want to erase.
How do you add a caption to a table of figures?
- Select the object (table, equation, figure, or another object) that you want to add a caption to.
- On the References tab, in the Captions group, click Insert Caption.
- In the Label list, select the label that best describes the object, such as a figure or equation.
What is a table of figures in Word?
A table of figures is a list, sorted by page number, of the captions pulled from figures, images, or tables in your document. It’s like a table of contents, but it’s a table of anything to which you can add a caption.
How do you write a case table?
Table of cases
- Cases should be listed in alphabetical order of first significant word (except EU cases if they are divided by jurisdiction).
- Case names are not italicized.
- Unless there is a very small number of cases, divide the table into separate sections for different jurisdictions.
How do I stop headings appearing in table of contents?
Highlight the text. Go to ‘References’ Click on the ‘Add Text’ pull-down menu. Check Do Not Show in Table of Contents.
How do I manually edit a table of contents in Word?
Format the text in your table of contents
- Go to References > Table of Contents > Custom Table of Contents.
- Select Modify.
- In the Styles list, click the level that you want to change and then click Modify.
- In the Modify Style pane make your changes.
- Select OK to save changes.
How do I mark a table of authorities in Word?
Press ALT+SHIFT+I. Note: You can also click the References tab and then click Mark Citation in the Table of Authorities group. In the Selected text box, edit the long citation as you want it to appear in the table of authorities.
What should be included in a table of authorities?
The Table of Contents includes a list of all the headings and subheadings you use in your brief and the page number on which each appears. The Table of Authorities is a list of all cases and other materials you cite in your brief along with every page on which reference to each authority is made.
How can you import text from another file without copy and paste?
Word can add an entire document into your work in a few quick steps.
- Position the cursor where you want to insert the document.
- Go to the Insert tab.
- In the Text group, select the Object drop-down arrow.
- Select Text from File.
- In the Insert File dialog box, select a document file.
- Choose Insert.
What is the first step you would take to create a table of authorities?
Answer: To create a Table of Authorities, you first enter each citation within the body of the document. Then you mark each one as a citation via Word’s Mark Citation feature. Finally, you assemble the Table of Authorities, compiling all the marked citations.
How do you remove heading styles without losing formatting?
To open the pane, click the “Styles” pane launcher button in the “Styles” button group of the “Home” tab. Then select the text from which you want to remove the style in the document. Then choose the “Clear All” choice from the list of styles in the “Styles” pane. Any style applied to the selected text will be removed.
Why is my table of contents not showing all headings?
The problem is that only if the entire paragraph is formatted as a heading will it be included in the TOC. (To update the TOC, right-click on it and choose Update Field.) If headings in tables are still not showing up in your TOC, then it is possible that your document is exhibiting an early sign of corruption.
How do you format a table of authorities?
References tab > Insert Table of Authorities button. Click Modify. Select correct Style (TOA Heading for the headings, Table of Authorities for the individual entries) and click Modify. Click Format in the lower left-hand corner of the Modify dialog box and choose Font or Paragraph, depending on what you’re changing.
How do I add more levels to a table of contents in Word 2010?
Select Insert Table of Contents from the popup menu. Next, select the formatting for the table of contents. Set the number of levels to display in the Show levels box. Click on the OK button.
What does Passim mean in a table of authorities?
here and there
How do I add a section of a table of contents in Word?
at the “Styles” Section from the “Home” Tab. (4) At the “Reference” Tab, go to the “Table of Contents” Section, click on the “Table of Contents” drop down arrow, and choose “Insert Table of Contents” option at the bottom.