How do I make an easy apple pie?
How to Make Quick and Easy Apple Pie
- Press one pie crust into the pie plate.
- Make the apple pie filling from scratch by stirring together the apple slices, sugar, flour, lemon juice, and seasoning.
- Transfer the apple mixture to the pie crust in the pan.
- Place the second pie crust on top of the fruit.
How do you make apple pie for kids?
Steps to Make It
- Gather the ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Unfold one of the pie crusts onto a 9-inch pie plate.
- Toss apples with remaining ingredients.
- Unfold the second prepared pie crust over the apples, tucking the excess under the bottom crust.
- Cut 3 or 4 slits in the top crust to allow steam to escape.
Can I use puff pastry for pies?
Use puff pastry for tart crusts, cut into shapes, use to cover pies, fold into turnovers and more. Get heaps of recipe ideas below!
How long do you bake an apple pie at 400?
Place the pie in the oven. Bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, or until it begins to brown very gently. Reduce the oven temperature to 375°F and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until the filling bubbles. It takes about 4-5 hours for an apple pie to completely chill.
How do you make apple pie filling for pie?
- 4 Granny Smith apples , peeled, cored, and thinly sliced.
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice.
- 2 cups water.
- 1/4 cup cornstarch.
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar.
- 1/4 cup brown sugar.
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg.
What temperature do you cook an apple pie in a fan oven?
- Put a layer of paper towels on a large baking sheet.
- For the pastry, beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl until just mixed.
- After the pastry has chilled, heat the oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5.
What temperature do you bake an apple pie at?
To bake, place the pie on a baking sheet (to catch the drippings) in a 375°F oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until the top starts to lightly brown, then lower the temp to 350°F and bake anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour or more longer.
How to make an apple pie with just one crust?
Start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
What is the best apple pie?
GRANDMA’S APPLE PIE
Why you should cook your apples for Apple Pie?
Granny Smith. The Granny Smith apple is my go-to apple for any baked or cooked recipe.
What is the best apple pie recipe?
Toss apple slices with sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and lemon juice and zest until well coated. Let rest for 10 minutes. Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and place a heavy rimmed baking sheet on it. Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Toss apple slices with sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and lemon juice and zest until well coated.