How do you automatically Number tables and figures in Word?
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Double-click at the end of the document.
- Click the References tab.
- In the Captions group, click Insert Table Of Figures.
- In the resulting dialog, choose Table from the Caption Label dropdown (Figure C).
- Uncheck the Use Hyperlinks Instead Of Page Numbers option.
How do you align a table?
If you want to center the table by using text-align on the outward , you can do it by using text-align. You can also style the cells of the table with a text-align or vertical-align value whenever you want to position the inline text in a specific way.
How do I align two tables in Word?
To align two or more objects:
- Hold the Shift (or Ctrl) key and click the objects you want to align. In our example, we’ll select the four shapes on the right.
- From the Format tab, click the Align command, then select one of the alignment options.
- The objects will be aligned based on the selected option.
Where should a table of figures go in a report?
In addition to the Table of Contents, a Table of Figures and Tables is usually required in a report. It is situated immediately after the Table of Contents. It contains a list of figures, statistical tables, diagrams and graphs, including their titles.
How do you join two tables?
The join is done by the JOIN operator. In the FROM clause, the name of the first table ( product ) is followed by a JOIN keyword then by the name of the second table ( category ). This is then followed by the keyword ON and by the condition for joining the rows from the different tables.
How do I align text in a table?
Follow these steps to align text in a table:
- Select the cells, columns, or rows, with text that you want to align (or select your entire table).
- Go to the (Table Tools) Layout tab.
- Click an Align button (you may have to click the Alignment button first, depending on the size of your screen).
How do I create a list of tables and figures in Word?
To create a combined list of tables and figures
- After the table of contents, click where you want to insert the list.
- In the Insert menu, pull down to Index and Tables.
- Click Table of Figures.
- Check Include label and number, Show page numbers, Right align page numbers.
- Click Options.
- Click OK.
- Click OK.
How do you cross-reference multiple figures in Word?
If you need to reference any of those figures again by number alone, you have two choices: (a) you can go to the cross-reference you modified before, press Alt+F9 to display the field code, make a note of the bookmark, and then use Insert | Reference | Cross-reference (Insert | Links | Cross-reference in Word 2007/2010 …
Can you merge two tables in Word?
How to Merge a Table in Word. You can click and drag the table using that handle. Drag the table until its top row aligns with the bottom row of the table you’re merging into. When you release your mouse button, Word merges the two tables.