What can I add to Pepperidge Farm stuffing mix?
Ingredients & Directions
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
- 2 stalks celery, coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2.5 cups Swanson® Chicken Broth or Swanson® Certified Organic Chicken Broth.
- 1 package (14 ounces) Pepperidge Farm® Herb Seasoned Stuffing.
Can you use water instead of chicken broth for Pepperidge Farm stuffing?
Considerations When Choosing a Chicken Broth Substitute Notice that you can even use plain water to substitute for chicken broth, adding a little butter or oil with the water will mimic the fat in chicken broth.
How do you cook stuffing in a bag?
IN CASSEROLE: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spoon stuffing mixture into greased 2-quart casserole dish. Cover and bake 35 minutes or until hot. To make ahead: Cover unbaked stuffing mixture in casserole dish and refrigerate up to 1 day.
How do you make Pepperidge Farm stuffing on the stove?
Ingredients & Directions Heat the broth, celery and onion in a 2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Remove the saucepan from the heat.
What can you add to stuffing?
- 1 Herbs. Share. Using fresh or dried herbs is one of the best ways to add flavor to stuffing.
- 2 Sausage. Share. If you’ve never had sausage stuffing, you are missing out.
- 3 Vegetables. Share. Most stuffing recipes call for onions and celery.
- 4 Fruit. Share.
- 5 Oysters. Share.
- 6 Nuts. Share.
- 7 Bacon. Share.
What temperature do you bake stuffing at?
When ready to bake, preheat oven to 400 degrees. Keep stuffing tightly covered with foil and bake until mostly heated through, about 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake until crispy edges form, about 10 to 20 minutes longer. Small batch: Stuffing for two is perfect for a couple.
Can I make Pepperidge Farm stuffing with water?
Look no further—you’ve come to the right place. *for cubed stuffing varieties, use 3/4 cup broth or water for poultry weighing 6-8 lbs., and use 1 1/3 cups broth or water for poultry weighing 10-12 lbs.
How long to cook stuffing in a pan in the oven?
For Oven-Baked Stuffing: Preheat oven to 350F. Spread warm stuffing evenly into a 9×13-ish casserole dish. Drizzle with 1 cup of the chicken stock. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for about 30 minutes.
How can I make my stuffing mix better?
40 + Ways To Upgrade Boxed Stuffing
- Add some chopped fresh (or dried) herbs:
- Sauté or roast fresh vegetables in butter and fold any of the following into the stuffing:
- Sauté fresh fruit and fold into the stuffing:
- Add cooked/browned meat to stuffing:
- Add additional ingredients to stuffing:
How do you dress up boxed stuffing mix?
Some boxes of store-bought stuffing call for melted margarine or (gasp!) “vegetable-oil spread.” But you know better. Use melted butter instead, or even better, brown butter. It’ll give an even richer, nuttier flavor to your stuffing than just butter on its own.