What is meant by well received?
adjective (well received when postpositive) having been greeted or reviewed with approval. his well-received books. Collins English Dictionary. Copyright © HarperCollins Publishers.
How do you write received thanks?
It is businesslike, impersonal. It would be too rude to just acknowledge receipt without thanks, so you write ‘received, with thanks’. (It is something you write – a record or notation, almost. Not something you would ever say.)
Can I say well received?
“well received” is a set phrase usually used to mean that something was enjoyed/given approval by some large group of people. For example, you could say “The pilot episode was very well received by audiences across the country”. It usually means it did well and people generally liked what they experienced.
How do you use well received in a sentence?
well received in a sentence
- The general idea of reaching out to Muslims has been well received.
- They have been generally well received by the population but dangers remain.
- She has gone out there to meet people and was well received.
- There have been generally well received by the population but dangers remain.
How do you say OK in email?
- That sounds great, thank you!
- Great Plan, looking forward do it!
- Okay that sounds great to me, let me know if anything changes in the mean time.
- Perfect! Thank you for your work on this!
- Okay that sounds great! See you then!
- Okay, that works for me. Thanks again!
- Okay, thank you for letting me know.
- Okay, I agree.
How do you list Acknowledgements?
When you write your acknowledgements, write an exhaustive list of all the people you wish to thank for helping or collaborating with you on your thesis; then organize them, beginning with those who helped you with the product (the actual writing of the dissertation itself) the most.
What does warmly received mean?
warmly Add to list Share. When you do something warmly, you do it in a kind or affectionate way. Warmly comes from the adjective warm and its meaning of “showing affection or kindness.” This sense has been in use since the 1500’s, but the Old English root word, wearm, relates only to literal heat or warmth.
Is received or has been received?
2: The letter has been received. Using ‘is’ – the emphasis is on the fact that you now have the letter, Using ‘has been’ – the emphasis is on the fact that you had the letter earlier. has been received mean having letter earlier but don’t have it now…
How do you respond to well received?
- Thank you, I’ve received your message.
- I confirm that I’ve received your message. (a bit more formal)
- Receipt confirmed. (a bit curt and. distant)
- Thank you for the information.
What’s the meaning of warm?
adjective, warm·er, warm·est. of or at a moderately high temperature; characterized by comparatively high temperature: a warm oven; a warm climate; a warm summer. having a sensation of bodily heat: to be warm from fast walking. conserving or maintaining warmth or heat: warm clothes.
Is it well received or well received?
You use a hyphen when the adjective comes before the noun, not after it: It was a well-received show.
Can you sign an email warmly?
Warmly – This is a nice riff on the “warm” theme that can safely be used among colleagues. Take care – In the right instances, especially for personal emails, this works. Thanks – Lett says this is a no-no. “This is not a closing.