What is the IMAP folder in Gmail?
Gmail supports the IMAP LIST Extension for Special-Use Mailboxes, which provides new attributes for special folders. These attributes let the client know which folders are special (eg. \All ). The current list of special folders consists of: Starred, Important, Sent Items, Drafts, Spam, All Mail, and Trash.
What does fetchmail do?
Fetchmail is an open-source software utility for POSIX-compliant operating systems which is used to retrieve e-mail from a remote POP3, IMAP, or ODMR mail server to the user’s local system.
How do I run fetchmail?
3 Configure fetchmail
- 3.1 Run fetchmail As A Daemon With A Global Configuration File. To make fetchmail run as a daemon, we have to edit /etc/default/fetchmail and set START_DAEMON to yes: vi /etc/default/fetchmail.
- 3.2 Use Per-User Configuration Files And Run fetchmail Via Cron.
What is an IMAP folder?
IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol) Folders can be created on the server to better manage the messages. The folders then sync across all devices used to check your email. Sent messages are also saved in the sent folder, allowing you to view sent emails from any computer or device.
What is the root folder in Gmail?
Creating subfolders in Outlook and Labels in Gmail Setting a [Gmail] root folder prevents you from creating subfolders under the Inbox folder in Outlook. To work around this, you can create a new label via the Gmail web interface called; [Gmail]/Inbox/My subfolder.
How do I set my Iphone to fetch emails?
What to Know
- Go to Settings > Mail > Accounts > Fetch New Data.
- For each account, choose Push to update mail as often as possible, or Fetch to manually schedule a time, then select a Fetch schedule.
- Fetch schedule options include Automatically, Manually, Hourly, Every 30 Minutes, and Every 15 Minutes.
How to download mail from a Gmail folder (label)?
Using fetchmail as IMAP client to download mail from a Gmail folder(label) Gmail allows you to tag your mail with a label, which roughly corresponds to an IMAP folder.
How do I fetch mail using SMTP?
Sender ok fetchmail: SMTP> RCPT TO: fetchmail: SMTP< 250 2.1.5 Recipient ok fetchmail: SMTP> DATA fetchmail: SMTP< 354 Enter mail, end with “.”
What happens after I read an email from fetchmail?
After having read the email from, fetchmail will now hand it over to the local mailer for deliver to the ‘adriaan’ account.
How to list all mailboxes in getmail?
With getmail you can use the following line in your configuration to get all your mail : mailboxes = (“[Google Mail]/All Mail”,) With IMAP you can list the folders on the server, that way email clients can do whatever they need. In getmail it depends on how the email retrievers are written.