Where do you put page numbers in APA references?
- For in-text citations, the page number always appears in brackets at the end of the sentence where you used the citation.
- If the source has no page number, use the paragraph number or section heading instead.
What if there is no page number for in-text citation APA?
If there are no page numbers (e.g. when citing a website) but the text is long, you can instead use section headings, paragraph numbers, or a combination of the two: (Caulfield, 2019, Linking section, para. 1). Section headings can be shortened if necessary.
How do you reference your sources?
You provide complete information about the source (author, title, name of publication, date, etc.) at the end of your paper, in the bibliography (also called the works cited or references page, depending on the style you use).
How do you reference an article example?
Basic format to reference journal articles
- Author or authors. The surname is followed by first initials.
- Year of publication of the article.
- Article title (in single inverted commas).
- Journal title (in italics).
- Volume of journal.
- Issue number of journal.
- Page range of article.
How do you reference without page numbers?
No Page Numbers (Internet Resources) [6.05]
- Use the author or author’s surname(s), the date of publication, paragraph number.
- If no author is given, use the title of the document or headings.
- Do not include initials or full names of the author or author’s first name(s)
How do you cite an unknown page number?
No Page Numbers For your in-text citation, just use the author’s name or the title of the work if there is no author given. For your Works Cited list, just leave the page number part out. Example: Williamson, Jennifer.
How do you reference in a paper?
In addition to a list of references at the end of your paper, you need to cite your sources in the text of your paper. In- text citations when you paraphrase or reference someone’s work should include the last name of the author(s) and publication year.
How do you cite an article example?
Example Citations: Articles
- AuthorLastName, AuthorFirstName. “Article Title.” Journal Title, Version, Number, Publication Date, Page Numbers.
- L’Ambrosch, Zampoun and Teodolinda Roncaglia.
- Newspaper Article from an Online Database.
- Newspaper Article from Web or Print Source.
Do you put page numbers in APA reference list?
Always include page numbers in the APA in-text citation when quoting a source. Don’t include page numbers when referring to a work as a whole – for example, an entire book or journal article.
How do you cite an article with no page number in APA?
In-Text Citation – Quoting Directly If there are no page numbers given: Indicate the paragraph number instead of the page number with the word “para.” before it. For example: (Smith, 2012, para.