How do I find the BVI Company Registry?
Please contact the BVI Commercial Registry to conduct your search. Contact info: (284) 494 5355-phone or (284) 494 6331-fax.
Do BVI companies have bylaws?
Basis of Legal System The British Virgin Islands (BVI) is a British Overseas Territory. The company law statute, the BVI Business Companies Act, while originally derived from Delaware’s General Corporate law, follows English company law principles and concepts.
Why are companies registered in BVI?
BVI companies are listed on the World’s leading international stock exchanges. They are recognised as efficient, tax neutral vehicles, for use accessing international capital in financial centres from London and New York to Singapore and Hong Kong.
How do I get a certificate of good standing BVI?
- Step 1: Ensure that your taxes have been paid, or arrange payment plan with the Department to liquidate outstanding sum.
- Step 2: Collect application form from any Inland Revenue location or print online.
What are the reporting requirements for a BVI company?
There are no strict reporting requirements in BVI and an IBC does not need to prepare financial statements or company accounts. The company should maintain only those accounts or records which the company directors consider to be necessary for their own use; and these can be kept anywhere in the world.
Do BVI companies file tax returns?
Tax year and filing requirements – There is no requirement for BVI companies to submit a tax return since there is no corporation tax in the BVI.
How do I incorporate my BVI company?
Here are the steps to incorporating in the British Virgin Islands:
- Step 1: Reserve your Company Name. The first step is to reserve a company name with the BVI Registry.
- Step 2: Appoint a Registered Agent.
- Step 3: Open a bank account.
- Step 4: Submit all relevant documents.
How do I set up a BVI holding company?
To incorporate a holding company in the BVI, one needs to submit the following essentials:
- Duly filled holding company application form.
- Memorandum of association.
- Articles of association.
- Identity proof of the company shareholders and directors.
- Address proof of the company shareholders and directors.
Why is BVI offshore?
The BVIs are a great jurisdiction to establish an offshore entity to book global profits while minimizing tax. While a BVI BC does not have to pay corporate tax on its global profits, our Client’s income through a BVI BC may be subject to personal income tax in the country of residence.
What is BVI registered company?
A BVI Business Company may be incorporated as a company limited by shares, a company limited by guarantee (with or without authorisation to issue shares), an unlimited company (with or without authorisation to issue shares), a segregated portfolio company and a restricted purpose company.