How do you configure routing on a stick?
Router on a Stick Configuration
- Use the interface type number.
- Use the encapsulation dot1q vlan_id command to enable 802.1Q trunking and associate each VLAN with the subinterface.
- Use the ip address address mask command to configure the IP settings.
What is Cisco router on a stick?
A router on a stick is one of the ways to allow routing between VLANs. That kind of a setup consists of a router and a switch connected through one Ethernet link configured as an 802.1q trunk link. Such a configuration is typical in networks where no layer-3 switch exists.
What is the importance of router on stick configuration for the network?
ROUTER-ON-A-STICK, also known as a “one-armed router” is a method for running multiple VLANs over a single connection in order to provide inter-VLAN routing without the need of a Layer 3 switch. Essentially the router connects to a core switch with a single interface and acts as the relay point between networks.
What is a disadvantage of router on a stick?
Disadvantages. The disadvantages to a Router on a Stick Network are: It is more complex to set up compared to other networks. Traffic between VLANs goes into the router and out of the router through the same port. The trunk is a major source of congestion.
Which two steps must you perform to enable router on stick on a switch?
Which two steps must you perform to enbale router- on- stick on a switch?
- connect the router to a trunk port.
- config the subint number exactly the same as the matching VLAN.
- config full duplex.
- cofigure an ip route to the vlan destn net.
- assign the access port to the vlan.
What is the difference between router on a stick and inter VLAN routing?
Inter VLAN Routing can be achieved through a layer-3 device i.e. Router or layer-3 Switch. When the Inter VLAN Routing is done through Router it is known as Router on a stick. Router On a Stick : The Router’s interface is divided into sub-interfaces, which acts as a default gateway to their respective VLANs.
Which two steps must you perform to enable router on a stick on a router subinterface?
To enable router on a stick on a router subinterface, which two steps must you perform? (Choose two.)
- Configure an IP route to the VLAN destination network.
- Configure encapsulation dot1q.
- Configure a default to route traffic between subinterfaces.
- Configure full duplex and speed.
Which statement is true about router on a stick?
It requires the native VLAN to be disabled. It uses multiple subinterfaces of a single interface to encapsulate traffic for different VLANs.
Can you configure a router without a laptop?
To summarize, you don’t have to use a computer to set up your Wi-Fi router. Even if you have a computer, you can opt not to use it if you have a smartphone or tablet that is fully charged.