How do you make Special K Treats?
How to make Chewy Special K Bars
- Combine with the Special K cereal. Now pour the cereal into a large bowl and then add the peanut butter mixture to it.
- Press the cereal mixture into the pan. Once everything is combined, press the cereal mixture into a buttered 9×13-inch deep baking dish.
Why do my Special K bars get hard?
Why are my Special K bars hard? The key to soft and chewy bars is not overcooking the sugar and corn syrup mixture. You want to heat it but not let it boil, so keep an eye on it and adjust the heat if necessary.
How do you make Special K bars without corn syrup?
- 1 cup brown rice syrup.
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar.
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- ½ tsp salt.
- 6 cups brown rice crisps or Special K cereal.
Are Scotcheroos and Special K bars the same thing?
The difference between Special K bars and Scotcheroos Special K bars use Special K cereal as the base. Scotcheroos use rice Krispies cereal. Technically it’s a rice krispie treat!
Why did Special K change their recipe?
Special K is being given its first recipe change in 30 years as brand owner Kellogg’s looks to turn around declining sales. From April, all variants of the cereal will include barley in addition to the current rice and wheat, and will be made with wholegrain.
Are Rice Krispies and Special K the same?
Scotcheroos are made with rice krispies whereas special k bars are made with special k cereals. Recipe for scotcheroos and special k bars are same, the people with health conscious will go with special k cereals as it has low calories than rice krispies.
Do you refrigerate Special K Bars?
Can I refrigerate Special K Bars? Sure thing! That’s how Teacher Man loves these bars best. I personally prefer them at room temperature but it’s totally your call.
How do you make butterscotch Rice Crispy Treats?
- In large saucepan melt butterscotch morsels and butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool.
Do you refrigerate Special K bars?
Is Kellogg’s Special K discontinued?
We’re sorry, Krya, but it has been discontinued. We appreciate you letting us know you were a fan. We still make other cereals which you may enjoy, such as Special K Chocolatey Delight, as well as Nourish cereals which have almonds.