What are 4 safety tips to survive and earthquake?
Identify earthquake hazards inside your home
- Remove heavy, unstable items from doorways.
- Follow California law and brace water heaters with straps to studs.
- Make sure you have flexible connections where gas lines hook up to appliances.
- Secure overhead lighting.
- Bolt bookshelves to wall studs.
- Move beds away from windows.
Why is earthquake safety important?
Each time there is a major disaster, lives are lost. Preparation can cut down on the loss of lives, which is why you should have a plan in place in case there is an earthquake. You can come up with a plan easily if you go through earthquake preparation training.
How can we prevent earthquake damage?
Anchor large appliances to walls using safety cables or straps. Install ledge barriers on shelves and secure large, heavy items and breakables directly to shelves to keep them from falling. Install latches on drawers and cabinet doors to keep contents from spilling. Anchor filing cabinets and televisions to walls.
How do you stay safe?
6 Simple Ways to Stay Safe and Keep Healthy
- Wear your mask. Non-medical masks are still required in all campus spaces unless you’re eating or drinking, alone in an office, residence room or cubicle or walking outdoors.
- Keep your distance.
- Wash your hands.
- Set up a healthy work space.
- Watch your waste.
- Know who to call.
What steps to take during an earthquake?
During an earthquake
- Stay inside.
- Drop under heavy furniture such as a table, desk, bed or any solid furniture.
- Cover your head and torso to prevent being hit by falling objects.
- Hold on to the object that you are under so that you remain covered.
How can we prevent earthquakes?
We cannot prevent natural earthquakes from occurring but we can significantly mitigate their effects by identifying hazards, building safer structures, and providing education on earthquake safety.
What is the example of safety?
Safety is a state of being protected from potential harm or something that has been designed to protect and prevent harm. An example of safety is when you wear a seat belt. An example of safety is a safety belt.
Why is e safety Important?
With the right e-safety knowledge, children can better understand the dangers of releasing personal information, as well as how to recognise unethical behaviours or prevent cyberbullying.