What companies are inspired by Greek mythology?
Five Business Names inspired by Greek Mythology
- Marathon. The story of the marathon is based in ancient Greek mythology.
- Nike. In ancient Greek religion, Nike was the goddess of victory.
- Hermes. In modern times, Hermes is known as a German-owned delivery service.
What logos are related to Greek mythology?
5 World Famous Logos Inspired by Greek Mythology
- Famously Greek.
- 5 World Famous Logos Inspired by Greek Mythology.
- Nike ‘Swoosh’ logo.
- Nike as the Winged Victory of Samothrace, c.
- NBC Logo The National Broadcasting Company.
- The Peacock complaining to Hera (Juno) by Gustave Moreau (1881).
Was Adidas a Greek god?
There is no Adidas in Greek mythology; the name comes from the name of the company’s founder, Adolf Dassler. It is a combination of his nickname “Adi” and the first three letters of his last name, “Das.” Adidas was founded on August 18, 1949.
Why do brands use Greek mythology?
Businesses and products use Greek mythology logos to attract attention even without having a name associated with Greek mythology. For example, the logo could be a trident, such as the striking logo used on Maserati luxury vehicles.
Is Nike named after a Greek god?
In Greek mythology, Nike is the Winged Goddess of Victory. The logo is derived from goddess’ wing,’swoosh’, which symbolises the sound of speed, movement, power and motivation.
Is there a Greek god of fire?
Hephaestus, Greek Hephaistos, in Greek mythology, the god of fire. Originally a deity of Asia Minor and the adjoining islands (in particular Lemnos), Hephaestus had an important place of worship at the Lycian Olympus.
What Greek god has wings?
Hermes (/ˈhɜːrmiːz/; Greek: Ἑρμῆς) is an Olympian deity in ancient Greek religion and mythology. Hermes is considered the herald of the gods….
|Symbol||Talaria, caduceus, tortoise, lyre, rooster, Petasos (Winged helmet)|
|Day||Wednesday (hēméra Hermoû)|
What god is Kratos based on?
In Greek mythology, Kratos (or Cratos) is the divine personification of strength. He is the son of Pallas and Styx.