What is a detriment to health?
The definition of a detriment is something that can cause damage, injury or harm. An example of a detriment to your health is not eating healthy foods.
What does detriment mean in business?
Detriment is another word for damage, harm, or loss. A business/finance example of a use of the word can be “the equity’s poor performance was in detriment to the portfolio’s overall return.” The equity’s poor performance is causing harm to the portfolio’s overall return.
What is the verb form of detriment?
detriment (third-person singular simple present detriments, present participle detrimenting, simple past and past participle detrimented)
What is another word for detriment?
In this page you can discover 23 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for detriment, like: disadvantage, assistance, mischief, minus, handicap, profit, harm, impediment, benefit, help and prejudice.
How do you use detriment?
to the detriment of
- He sits up very late to the detriment of his health.
- He works long hours to the detriment of his health.
- He was engrossed in his job to the detriment of his health.
- Children spend too much time on schoolwork, to the detriment of other activities.
What’s the opposite of detriment?
Opposite of a cause of harm or damage. benefit. good. aid.
What are the different types of detriment?
What are the different types of detriment? 1. doing something that one has a right to do….Characters necessary for consideration to be valid..
- Agreement must involve a bargained for exchange.
- Contract must involve adequate consideration.
- A promise is made for forbearance of an act.
How do you use detriment in a sentence?
Detriment sentence example
- France, Spain and the Empire were competing with each other in power to the detriment of smaller states.
- For the theoretical side he read all the text-books which he could find, somewhat to the detriment of his ordinary school studies.
What are some synonyms for detriment?
synonyms for detriment
Can consideration be a detriment?
It may involve a ‘detriment’ on the part of the promisee in the form of giving up a freedom otherwise enjoyed (such as promising to stop smoking or to study every Saturday night) – it is not necessary that the promisor receive any tangible benefit.
What are some antonyms of detriment?
antonyms for detriment