What is the best museum to go to in London?
Best 10 museums in London
- British Museum * Free. The Great Court at The British Museum © visitlondon.com/Jon Reid.
- Natural History Museum * Free.
- Victoria and Albert Museum * Free.
- Science Museum * Free.
- Royal Museums Greenwich.
- Imperial War Museum * Free.
- Museum of London * Free.
- London Transport Museum.
What is London’s biggest museum?
What Is London’s Biggest Museum?
- The British Museum. Photo: James Beard.
- The V&A looking suitably large. Photo: David Bank.
- The luxuriously spacious National Gallery. Photo: Albert Jafar.
Which is better British Museum or Natural History Museum?
Both British Museum and Natural History Museum are rated very highly by writers. On balance, British Museum scores slightly higher than Natural History Museum. British Museum has a TripExpert Score of 97 with accolades from 14 publications including Condé Nast Traveler, Lonely Planet and National Geographic.
Is there a museum of death in the UK?
Death and memory | British Museum.
Which museums are free in London?
Top 26 free museums in London
- British Museum. Wander the galleries of the British Museum.
- National Gallery. Discover more than 2,000 paintings from the Middle Ages to the 20th century at the National Gallery.
- Museum of London.
- Royal Academy of Arts.
- Natural History Museum.
- Science Museum.
- IWM London.
- National Maritime Museum.
How many museums in London are free?
London: 20 free museums in London.
Is everything stolen in British Museum?
The British Museum is home to around 8 million objects. The reality that many of these artefacts – around 99 percent of which are not placed on public display, but hoarded away in the institution’s private archives – were forcibly taken has led to decades-long demands for their restitution.
Is the British Museum worth it?
J2490: The British Museum is justly renowned as one of the greatest collections on our planet. It has also been in existence rather longer than most other ‘world museums’ and tends to get a lot of things right.
Is Imperial War museum free?
General admission to IWM London is free but charges may apply to special exhibitions. See Exhibitions for further details. Groups of up to 10 people can book exclusive, out-of-hours private tours at IWM London. See Private Tours for further details.
Is British museum open coronavirus?
The British Museum is open and continuing to welcome visitors.