How do I insert a dotted line in pages?
Click the line or paragraph (or select multiple paragraphs) where you want to add the border or rule. In the Format sidebar, click the Layout button near the top. Click the pop-up menu next to Borders & Rules, then choose a line type (solid, dashed, or dotted). Set where the line appears: Click a position button.
How do I insert a dot in a table of contents?
Place your cursor between a chapter name and the page number in your table of contents. Press the “Tab” button, and the dots are auto-generated for you. Repeat these steps for each chapter in your table of contents.
How do I get rid of the header on the second page?
Put the cursor in the header. The contextual “Header & Footer > Design tab will display. In the Option group, turn on (put a checkmark) in “Different first page”. The scroll down to the second page and change the header, ie delete it.
How do you only put a footer on one page?
Go to Insert > Header & Footer. On the right side of the white area at the top of the document, select Options > Different First Page. Content of the header or footer on the first page is removed. Type your content into the header or footer on the first page.
How do I remove page numbers from title page and table of contents?
Remove the page number from the first page
- Go to Insert > Header & Footer.
- SelectOptions on the right side, and then select Different First Page.
- Select Options again, and then select Remove Page Numbers.
- To see your page numbers and confirm deletion of the number from the first page, go to View > Reading View.
How do I select a page in Word?
Method 1: Left-lick on the beginning of the page and drag the cursor to the end of the page to select the current page. Method 2: Click on the beginning of the first character in the current page. Then hold Shift key, and click on the end of the content in the current page.
How do I fix page numbers in Word table of contents?
To customize your existing table of contents:
- Go to References > Table of Contents.
- Select Custom table of contents.
- Use the settings to show, hide, and align page numbers, add or change the tab leader, set formats, and specify how many levels of headings to show.
How do I put different footers on each page in Word?
Configure headers and footers for different sections of a…
- Click or tap the page at the beginning of a section.
- Select Layout > Breaks > Next Page.
- Double-click the header or footer on the first page of the new section.
- Click Link to Previous to turn it off and unlink the header or footer from the previous section.
- Go the start of the next section and repeat steps 1-5.
How do you add a page on Mac pages?
Add a new Page Layout page 1) Select the page your document where you want the new page to follow. 2) Click Add Page from the toolbar. If you are using the Thumbnail sidebar, either right-click or hold Control and click the page and select New Page.
How do you type over a dot in Word?
- Open the Word document and scroll to the section with the line.
- Click the Insert tab, then click the “Text Box” button.
- Click inside the text box to type any text you want above the line.
- Handwrite any text you want to appear above the line.
- Click the orange Text Box Tools tab, then click the “Shape Outline” menu.
How do you make a different header for each page?
Create different headers or footers
- Double-click the header or footer.
- Select Different Odd & Even Pages.
- On one of the odd pages, select the header or footer area you want to change.
- Type the document title, and then press Tab twice.
- Select Page Number > Current Position and choose a style.
- Select an even page.
How do I start a footer on page 2?
2 Go to the “Insert” tab and select either “Header” or “Footer” from the “Header and Footer” section, depending on where you want to insert page numbers. Click “Edit Header” or “Edit Footer” from the drop-down menu. The header or footer will be visible and the cursor will be active in it.
How do I stop the footer from repeating?
To allow this, you must disable the feature that repeats footers across sections.
- Double-click a footer that follows a section break. A tab labeled “Same as Previous” appears above its right side.
- Click “Design” in the Word ribbon.
- Click “Link to Previous” in the ribbon’s Navigation group to deselect it.
How do you add dot leaders?
To create dot leaders, on the Home tab, click Paragraph, Tabs, and type the position where you want page numbers to begin (we recommend 6″). Then click Alignment – Decimal, Dot Leader – 2, Set and then OK. On the page, type the chapter title or section heading, then press the Tab key.
How do I align page numbers in Word table of contents?
- Access the paragraph formatting window.
- In the paragraph formatting window, click “Tabs.”
- Under “Tab stop position,” enter 6.
- Do this to all of your TOC headings, and your numbers will be aligned perfectly.
How do you make a dot across the page in Word?
Select Layout or Page Layout. and then select Tabs. Add or select a tab stop, and then select leader character option under Leader you want displayed.
How do you delete a blank page in Word on a Mac?
To delete a page in a page layout document, you select the page thumbnail in the sidebar. Delete a page in a word-processing document: Select all the text and objects on the page (or multiple pages), then press Delete on your keyboard until the page disappears.