How do you make spiced apple cake?
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 10 inch tube pan. Cover raisins with warm water, let soak for 10 minutes and then drain.
- Cream together butter or margarine and sugar. Mix in eggs and vanilla.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour, or until a tester comes out clean. Cool in pan.
Can I add apples to a spice cake mix?
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY “This flavorful cake, made with spice cake mix and fresh apples, comes from the “Apple Lovers’ Cookbook.” If you use unsalted margarine, it’s lactose-free.”
What kind of apples are in spice cake?
- 4 medium Honeycrisp apples, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 cups sugar.
- 1/2 cup canola oil.
- 2 large eggs, room temperature.
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour.
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice.
- 2 teaspoons baking powder.
How can I make my spice cake mix better?
You can use various spices such as cloves, ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg. However, if you do not prefer to add cloves or nutmeg to the spice cake mix, you can exclude them. However, cloves and nutmeg are great ingredients to add to a spice cake mix because they give an excellent flavor.
What can I make with spice cake mix and apples?
And it tastes great, too! Here’s what you need: 1 box spice cake mix (any brand) 1 can apple pie filling Mix cake mix and apple pie filling together until well blended. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. That’s it!!
Can of apple pie filling and cake mix?
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Spread both cans of apple pie filling into bottom of prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle cinnamon over pie filling.
- Sprinkle cake mix evenly over pie filling.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until top is golden brown and apples are hot and bubbling.
How do you add apples to cake mix?
Pour about 3/4 of the batter batter in a greased and floured rectangle cake pan (Dimension: 9×13). In another mixing bowl, add apples, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice and mix until apples are fully coated. Spread these apples on top of the cake batter. Pour the remaining cake batter on top.
What kind of frosting goes on spice cake?
This old-fashioned spice cake is moist and richly flavored with aromatic cinnamon, ginger, allspice and nutmeg. The maple frosting adds just the right touch of sweetness.
What kind of frosting goes on apple cake?
Apple Cake Family Tradition The cake is flavored with cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. It is moist with big chunks of apples and a thick layer of cream cheese frosting. You can serve this fresh apple cake at room temperature or chilled.
What kind of filling is in spice cake?
Ready to Make? The Old World flavor of spice cake is enhanced with juicy raspberries and rich, cream cheese frosting.
Can I make a cake with apple pie filling?
Pour pie filling into a 9×13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle cake mix evenly over apple pie filling and top with melted butter. Bake in the preheated oven until the top starts to turn brown, about 40 minutes. Cool cake 15 minutes before serving.