How do you win a commercial audition?
5 Tips for Acing Your Commercial Audition
- Always play for the product. Be mindful of what the commercial is selling.
- Make the product the star.
- Be a team player.
- Give yourself permission to decline auditions for products you don’t feel aligned with.
- Don’t forget the power of play.
How do you audition for commercials without an agent?
How to Find Casting Calls Without an Agent
- Follow casting directors on social media.
- Search hashtags like #castingcall and #opencall.
- Browse legit casting call websites regularly.
- Connect with other actors, directors, writers, and creatives to build up your online and IRL network.
What are the best audition websites?
Top 5 Most Reputable U.S. Casting Websites
- #1 Backstage. Dubbed a “bible for actors,” Backstage is probably the most known and trusted casting service around.
- #2 Casting Networks. If you’ve ever signed in electronically at an audition, you’ve probably used Casting Networks.
- #3 ACTORS ACCESS.
- #4 NYCastings.com.
- #5 Playbill.
What should I bring to a commercial audition?
ALWAYS bring multiple copies of your updated headshot and resume to offer to the casting director. A professional 8×10 headshot and resume should never be more than a few months old. If you are professional enough to deserve the job, you are professional enough to handle this important part of your audition.
How much does it pay to be in a commercial?
However, according to Indeed Salaries, the national average salary for actors in general is $26.19 per hour. The rates that commercial actors earn can vary depending on what type of role the actor is performing, how much time they spend on screen, if they’re in a union and how the commercial will be used.
Are acting agents free?
An agent may only receive a commission when and if you receive compensation for your employment. Agents may not charge up-front fees of any kind. They may not require you to attend a specific school or use a specific photographer as a condition of representation.