Where can I read academic articles?
The Top 21 Free Online Journal and Research Databases
- CORE. CORE is a multidisciplinary aggregator of open access research.
- Directory of Open Access Journals.
- Education Resources Information Center.
- arXiv e-Print Archive.
- Social Science Research Network.
- Public Library of Science.
How long does it take to read a 10 page paper?
about 16.7 minutes
How can I read academic articles quickly?
How to read a scientific paper quickly & efficiently
- Skim the abstract. Skimming the abstract first will allow you to get somewhat familiar with the topic at hand.
- Read the conclusion.
- After the conclusion, read the results.
- Read the methods section.
- Start this process over again with a different paper.
How do I get an article for my dissertation?
Dissertation research: how to find dissertation resources
- Libraries and books. In this age of technology, libraries are often forgotten.
- Bookshops. Bookshops are often overlooked, but they are treasure troves of valuable resources.
- Online and print journals.
- Past dissertations.
- Audio-visual material.
- Amazon and eBay.
- Some final tips…
Is this website objective in the way it presents its content?
Is this website objective in the way it presents its content? Yes, it is objective.
What are the major sections of a journal article?
Nearly all journal articles are divided into the following major sections: abstract, introduction, methods, results, discussion, and references. Usually the sections are labeled as such, although often the introduction (and sometimes the abstract) is not labeled. Sometimes alternative section titles are used.
What do articles contain?
Contents of Articles Similar to most of the written literary forms, articles contain an introduction, a body, and a conclusion.
Which is the most critical area of an article to read?
How long does it take to read a journal article?
For a deep read, I need somewhere between an hour and 2 hours, depending on how long the paper is, and how familiar I am with the topic / methods. 3 hours is probably on a higher end, but it can be 3 hours, if the paper is on a topic closely related to mine, from a richer lab, or something like that.
How do you read a scholarly article?
Reading a Scholarly Article
- What is your research question?
- Read the abstract first as it covers basics of the article.
- Second: Read the introduction and discussion/conclusion.
- Next: Read about the Methods/Methodology.
- Finally: Read the Results and Analysis.
How can I read articles more effectively?
The cardinal rule is: Never start reading an article from the beginning to the end. It is better to begin by identifying the conclusions of the study by reading the title and the abstract.  If the article does not have an abstract, read the conclusions or the summary at the end of the article first.
How long does it take to read a 20 page article?
about 33.3 minutes