How can I score 8 in IELTS academic reading?
In order to get an 8 band score in listening and reading you need to get 89% of the marks. Since IELTS reading and listening have 40 questions each, in order to get band 8 you have to at least answer 36 questions of each.
Which is best material to practice IELTS reading?
Top 5 IELTS Preparation Books
- Barron’s IELTS Superpack.
- The Official Cambridge Guide to IELTS.
- Cambridge IELTS 14 Academic Student’s Book with Answers with Audio.
- Official IELTS Practice Materials.
- Road to IELTS.
How can I master IELTS reading answer?
IELTS Reading Tips: How to Increase your Score
- Develop skills of each type of question in reading.
- Skimming and Scanning.
- Develop your speed reading skills.
- Don’t try to understand the full passage.
- Developing vocabulary.
- Key words.
- Practice makes perfect.
Is IELTS Academic reading difficult?
Many, many people think that the reading section is the hardest part of the IELTS exam. Yes, they feel that it’s even more difficult than the speaking, writing and listening sections! It’s true that you have to work very fast and that reading requires a lot of concentration.
Is Kaplan Good for IELTS?
Out of all the best IELTS courses, Kaplan is one of only two to offer writing reviews with their cheapest course option (the other is BestMyTest IELTS).
Which is the best website for IELTS preparation?
- GlobalExam: The Best Online IELTS Training Solution.
- IELTS Liz: Writing, Speaking Listening and Reading Exercises.
- IELTS Buddy: Improve your Grammar and Vocabulary!
- IELTS Mentor: The site for both Academic and General Training.
- IELTS Simon: Free Content To Study and Video Lessons.
How do you get 9 bands in reading?
IELTS Reading Tips for band 9
- Skim over and watch for the answers. Skimming refers to looking only for the main ideas.
- Watch your time.
- Is your spelling correct?
- Keep the order.
- Unfamiliar vocabulary?
- Pay attention to the details.
- No blank boxes.
Which book is best for IELTS academic?
Book for IELTS: A Complete Study Guide to IELTS Academic & General Speaking, Reading, Writing (Samples Task1+2) & Listening | 30 Reading Practice Test [BEGUM, AKHLIMA] on Amazon.com. *FREE* shipping on qualifying offers.
How to get good score in IELTS reading?
– When practicing reading (IELTS or non-IELTS material) make a note of new vocabulary and notice paraphrasing patterns. – Get to know how words collocate, collocations are key in developing your vocabulary. – Underline any difficult or new grammar structures you find while reading. Look them up online and practice them.
How to improve your IELTS reading?
– Find the exact location of the rephrased answer in the reading passage. – Then underline that rephrased line in the passage. – There is only one correct answer for the question, so it is important to find proof to support your choice. This will give you certainty about your answer.
What would be the best sources for IELTS reading?
Click here for the IELTS.org Academic Reading Practice Test (PDF)