How do you format a block quote in an APA Style paper?
Format quotations of 40 words or more as block quotations:
- Do not use quotation marks to enclose a block quotation.
- Start a block quotation on a new line and indent the whole block 0.5 in.
- Double-space the entire block quotation.
- Do not add extra space before or after it.
How do you make a block quote on Purdue owl?
For quotations that are more than four lines of prose or three lines of verse, place quotations in a free-standing block of text and omit quotation marks. Start the quotation on a new line, with the entire quote indented 1/2 inch from the left margin while maintaining double-spacing.
Does APA 7 use block quotes?
About Block Quotes
- Any quotation containing 40 or more words should be formatted as a Block Quote.
- Do not use quotation marks to enclose block quotations.
- Place period at the end of the quote rather than after the citation.
- Block quotes should start on a new line and indent the block about ½ inch from the left margin.
What does an APA block quote look like?
Block quotations start on their own line. The entire block quotation is indented 0.5 inches, the same as the indentation for a new paragraph, and is double spaced. Block quotations are not surrounded by any quotation marks. The punctuation at the end of the block quotation goes before the citation.
How do you introduce a block quote in APA?
Block quotes are used for direct quotations that are longer than 40 words. They should be offset from the main text and do not include quotation marks. Introduce the block quote on a new line and indent the entire quote . 5 inch.
Are quotation marks used in APA format?
To include a direct quote in APA, follow these rules: Quotes under 40 words are placed in double quotation marks. Quotes of 40 words or more are formatted as block quote. The author, year, and page number are included in an in-text citation.
How do you quote something that is already quoted?
How to Quote a Quote. Rule: Use single quotation marks inside double quotation marks when you have a quotation within a quotation. Example: Bobbi told me, “Delia said, ‘This will never work.