How do you make a caterpillar out of an egg carton?
Cut a row of six egg cups from the carton. Trim and tidy the cups using a craft knife so you get a nice caterpillar shape. Now let your toddler loose with green paint for the body and red paint for the head. Glue on the googly eyes.
How do you make a worm out of an egg holder?
Cut apart an egg carton. Cut the lid and side flaps off of the egg carton. Next, cut the carton down the middle so that you have two strips. A 12-cup egg carton will work the best, but you can use a smaller one too. This method will turn your caterpillar into a flower pot for small seeds, such as grass.
How do you make a carton caterpillar?
- Cut egg carton length-wise so you get one long bumpy. caterpillar body.
- Paint or color the body of the caterpillar.
- Affix facial features (or draw them on).
- Wrap the pipe cleaners around each other, bend them into shape, and poke them. through the egg carton.
How do you make butterflies out of egg cartons?
- Cut egg carton cups into thirds, creating 6 butterflies each made from 4 egg cups.
- Carefully trim and round off the edges of the egg cups using your scissors.
- Paint all four egg cups using acrylic paint in the colors of your choice.
- Fold a pipe cleaner in half and wrap around the butterfly.
What can I do with empty egg cartons?
You can give that paper yet another life by reusing the cartons in these resourceful ways.
- Start seedlings. Cut off the lid, fill each cup with potting soil, and plant some seeds.
- Muffle the band.
- Feed birds.
- Fire the grill.
- Cushion ornaments.
- Organize fasteners.
- Round up tiny spare lights.
- Ship cheaply.
How do you make egg cartons at home?
Cut-Out Cartons For a cut-out egg carton, start with an old cardboard or paperboard box that’s long and wide but not very deep, such as a two-layer chocolate box. Tape the lid closed, then cut out round holes in the lid in which to place the eggs. These should be slightly narrower than the eggs’ widest point.
How do you make an egg carton train?
Cut the egg carton into sections of 2 cups, plus one section of 1 cup for the engine & trim edges to tidy up. Then paint them and allow to dry….You will need:
- One egg carton per train.
- One toilet roll per train.
- Acrylic paint.
- Construction paper for the funnel.
- String or Ribbon.
- Hole punch.
What are caterpillar eggs?
Caterpillars (butterfly larva) hatch from eggs. The eggs are usually laid in a protected location on or near the plants that the soon-to-be caterpillar will eat. Most eggs are attached to the plant with a fast-drying glue-like chemical that the female butterfly secretes along with the egg.
How do you make a butterfly garland?
- Fold paper in half diagonally to make a triangle.
- Working from center line out make zig zag folds about 1cm (0.5″) apart, one half then the other.
- Repeat with second piece of paper.
- Pinch together at center.
- Wrap firmly with pipe cleaner and twist to secure, bend pipe cleaner to resemble antennae.
Do egg cartons carry Salmonella?
Dangerous Salmonella bacteria may stick to the cardboard of egg cartons, causing a serious danger to children and others with weak immune systems.