How do you fix an unresponsive keyboard on a Dell laptop?
Run the Keyboard Troubleshooter in Windows 10.
- Press and hold the Windows ( ) key, and then press the i key.
- Select Update and Security.
- Select Troubleshoot from the left panel.
- Look for Keyboard in the Find and fix other problems section, and run the Troubleshooter.
Why some keys on my laptop not working?
Dust, dirt, hair, and other debris can fall into the keyboard over time and obstruct a key’s movement or interfere with its circuitry. Try removing the key that isn’t working, and clean the area under and around it. How do I remove the keys on a keyboard? Computer keyboard cleaning.
Why does my Dell keyboard stop working?
Your laptop keyboard not working error always caused by driver issues. In this case, try to reinstall your keyboard driver. Since your keyboard doesn’t work, connect your laptop with a mouse either wired or bluetooth one.
How do you troubleshoot keyboard problems?
Often, you can.
- Restart the laptop.
- Clean the keyboard.
- See if it’s a hardware issue.
- Check your keyboard drivers and settings.
- Make sure you have the right keyboard layout.
- Plug in an external keyboard.
What is the common problem of keyboard?
Keyboard Keys Aren’t Functioning This can result from a low battery, so try plugging the computer in. It can also result in form liquid in the keyboard, causing the keys to short out. Use compressed air between the keys and let the keyboard sit to dry for a while. Try using it again after it has dried completely.
Why does my keyboard randomly stop working?
One of the most common causes of an unresponsive keyboard is an outdated keyboard or USB driver. There are two ways you can get the right drivers for your keyboard and USB port: manually or automatically.