How do you freeze a watermelon?
All you do is cut up a ripe watermelon into chunks and freeze them. Toss them into your blender with the juice of one lime and some ice and voila!
What can I do with a frozen watermelon?
What to Do with Frozen Watermelon
- Make a watermelon smoothie.
- Serve frozen watermelon cubes on a stick for a mini “ice pop”
- Make an easy watermelon sorbet.
- Blend it with other fruit and make watermelon popsicles.
- Use the frozen watermelon as summery “ice cubes” in a glass of water.
What can I do with too much watermelon?
Read on and discover the many ways you can make the most out of your watermelon and use up every drop:
- Make a refreshing watermelon drink.
- Turn it into 2 fruit bowls.
- Grill the watermelon.
- Make a salsa.
- Prepare a refreshing watermelon sorbet.
- Share a smoothie.
- Shake up a cocktail.
- Make a watermelon icicle.
How do you make watermelon icy?
Cut the watermelon into chunks and blend together with some lime juice and a little lime zest. Transfer the mixture into a shallow, freezable container then cover and freeze.
Is frozen watermelon good?
Frozen watermelon will be good for eight to 12 months, which is perfect because it will be watermelon season by the time you run out. Preparing watermelon for the freezer is very easy and should take less than 10 minutes.
Can you blend frozen watermelon?
First, let the Frozen Watermelon chunks sit at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to defrost some. Then, add the Watermelon, 2 tbsp Maple Syrup, Lime Juice, Mint, and Water to a high-speed blender. Pulse the blender until the Watermelon starts to break up some, then blend to form a thick, slushie consistency.
Does watermelon freeze well?
Watermelon may be the taste of summer, but with a little planning, prep and help from your freezer, you can enjoy its juicy sweetness all year long. Yes, that’s right, watermelon is freezer-friendly.
How do you store watermelon for a long time?
For Long-Term Storage Remove the rind, cut the melon into pieces, and then freeze in a single layer on a baking sheet until solid. Store in an airtight container or zip-top freezer bag for up to six months.
Can Cut watermelon be frozen?
To freeze watermelons, cut the fruit open. You can cube the melon, freeze it in big chunks, or use a melon baller or spoon to create small balls. Remove seeds as you cut the melon. Place the melon pieces on a baking tray.
How do you preserve fresh watermelon?
How to Store Watermelon
- Wait. Whole watermelon should be left at room temperature until ripe.
- Refrigerate. Once ripe, place the whole watermelon, uncovered, in the refrigerator.
- Seal. Once cut, seal cut watermelon halves or slices in a Glad® Zipper Bag.
- Refrigerate. Store in the refrigerator.
Can you make watermelon ice blocks?
Blend watermelon, water, honey, lemon juice, and sugar together in a blender until smooth. Pour mixture into ice pop molds and freeze until solid, about 2 hours. Run hot water over ice pop molds for a few seconds to unmold.
How do I make icy poles?
- Place raspberries, watermelon, lemon juice and 1/2 tsp salt flakes in a food processor and whiz until smooth. Strain through a fine sieve into a bowl, then use to half fill icy pole moulds. Freeze for 2 hours or until partially frozen.
- Top up moulds with pineapple juice. Cover mould tops with foil.
Does freezing a watermelon ruin it?
While watermelon does lose some of its natural texture after freezing, the pieces can still be eaten or incorporated into smoothies and other recipes. Wash the watermelon under running water and dry it. Rinse the fruit off to eliminate dirt and debris before you cut into it.
Is it safe to eat frozen watermelon?
Cut watermelon into chunks and remove all of the seeds.
Can you freeze watermelon and eat it frozen?
Watermelon is a large fruit and it can be difficult to eat the entire thing before it goes bad. If you want to preserve leftover melon, can you freeze it? The simple answer is yes, watermelon can be frozen, but it will be mushy when it’s thawed. Enjoy whole chunks of watermelon while it’s fresh because it will not taste the same after freezing.
How to freeze watermelons and preserve them for months?
Preparing The Watermelon. How you prepare your watermelon mainly depends on how you will be consuming it later.