Is Synology good for Plex?
Synology DiskStation DS220+ Right now, the DiskStation DS220+ is the best NAS you can buy for Plex streaming. The NAS is powered by an Intel Celeron J4025 chipset and comes with 2GB of RAM — with the ability to add another 4GB — and two drive bays can hold 16TB of storage each, taking total storage to 32TB.
Does Plex work with Synology DSM 7?
The Plex Media Server package available in the Package Center app of your Synology NAS is officially supported by Synology. At the time of this writing, the Plex Media Server package available in the Package Center of Synology DSM 7 operating system is still in Beta.
What is the best NAS for Plex?
Best NAS for Plex 2022: Reviews
- Synology DiskStation DS920 NAS. Synology is one of the most popular brands out there when you are looking for high-performance NAS solutions for creating a Plex server right at your home with ease.
- QNAP TS-453D-4G NAS.
- Asustor AS5304T NAS.
- TerraMaster F5-422 NAS.
- WD Diskless EX4100 NAS.
How do I add media to Plex?
- Click to open the settings menu.
- Ensure that the correct Plex Media Server is selected within the settings menu.
- Select Libraries under the Manage section of the settings menu.
- Click Add Library.
- Choose the library type from the selection.
Can Synology play 4K?
Most modern multimedia devices can play 4K videos smoothly. Devices such as smart TVs and multimedia players can access videos stored on Synology NAS using My Network Places (SMB) or Media Server (DLNA).
How much RAM do I need for Plex?
Any machine made in the last few years should fit the Plex hardware requirements, which call for an i3 processor and 2GB of RAM. Of course, you’ll enjoy better performance on a more powerful system, and most Plex enthustiasts suggest using an i5 processor and 4GB of RAM (or better).