What are the 10 medicinal plants Name?
Top 10 Medicinal Plants
- Calendula (Calendula officinalis).
- Chamomile (Matricaria chamomilla).
- Peppermint (Metha x piperita).
- Holy Basil (Ocimum tenuiflorum).
- Plantain (Plantago major).
- Hyssop (Hyssopus officinalis).
- English Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia “Vera”).
- Hops (Humulus lupulus).
What type of plants are found in Kerala?
Flowering plants of Kerala
- Aambal or Water-lily.
- Arali, Nerium plant, Dog-bane, South-sea rose, Adalpha.
- Arumasam, Krishna kireedam or Pagoda plant.
- Ashokam, Galasoka, Anganapriya or Ashoka tree.
- Chempakam or Joy-perfume tree.
- Chemparuthi or Rose-mallow or sorrel.
- Kashithetti, Savam-nari or Madagascar periwinkle.
Which aromatic plant is used in cooler?
Vetiver in a cooler: In India, instead of straw or wood, dry roots of Vetiver are used in evaporative coolers. Vetiver root padding also counters the odour caused due to the growth of algae and microorganisms in such coolers.
What are medicinal plants Class 1?
Four medicinal plants include Aloe Vera, Basil, ginger and turmeric.
- Aloe Vera- Aloe Vera is considered an important medicinal plant.
- Basil-This herb is widely used for the treatment of diabetes and asthma.
- Ginger-Ginger is mostly used to treat cough and cold.
- Turmeric-Turmeric is widely used as an antibiotic.
Is Tulsi a medicinal plant?
Basil most popularly known as Tulsi has been used for thousands of years in Ayurveda for its diverse healing properties. Healing Power: The Basil or Tulsi plant has many medicinal properties. The leaves strengthen the stomach and help in respiratory diseases.
Which is Kerala state flower?
Golden shower treeKerala / Official flower
Does lavender grow in Kerala?
Lavender plants adapt well to a wide range of growing conditions. However, they thrive best in warm and humid regions like that of Kerela.
Who is king of plant?
Crocologia – A Detailed Study of Saffron, the King of Plants.
Which are aromatic plants?
Aromatic plants, like perennial culinary herbs (rosemary and lavender) and many other plants, produce essential oils that are released when touching the foliage and flowers. Aromatic plants are rabbit and deer resistant because the aromatic oils are very bitter.
What are medicinal and aromatic plants?
Medicinal & Aromatic Plants (MAPs) are botanical raw materials, also known as herbal drugs that are mostly utilized for therapeutic, aromatic and/or culinary purposes as components of cosmetics, health, medicinal products and other natural health products.