Can shortbread be used as pie crust?
You can press the shortbread crust into the bottom of a baking pan, like used for the bars, or you can press it into a pie plate, crimp the edges (or not!), and use it as a pie crust as well. You can also use it as a tart crust for tarts or even as a crust for cheesecakes. It just works for so many things!
How do you make a shortbread pie crust?
- Place cookies in a large gallon size ziploc bag.
- Place cookie crumbs, sugar, and butter in a large bowl and stir with a fork until the mixture looks like wet sand.
- Chill crust for 1 hour before filling.
- The crust is perfect no-bake: it’s crunchy and slices just fine.
How do you poke holes in shortbread?
To pierce your shortbread, simply take a fork and poke holes throughout the surface of the shortbread just before you place it into the oven.
Can I use shortbread crust for pumpkin pie?
This deliciously decadent pumpkin pie with a shortbread crust is the perfect Thanksgiving treat. Full of festive spices and ingredients, all your guests will enjoy this yummy dessert!
Can you bake Keebler shortbread crust?
Product Details. Your favorite desserts just got that much tastier thanks to Keebler Ready Crust Shortbread Pie Crusts. Deliciously sweet and with a cookie-like shortbread taste, Keebler Ready Crust Shortbread Pie Crusts are ready to use and are the perfect base for no-bake recipes, pies of all kinds, tarts, and more.
How do you make shortbread dough without a food processor?
It is possible also to make the shortbreads without a food processor, using a stand mixer or by hand. For all methods the butter should be very soft. For a stand mixer use the paddle attachment and first mix the flour, icing sugar and cornflour (cornstarch) together, then add the butter and vanilla seeds.
How do you make a pie crust for cookies?
How To Make Cookie Pie Crust
- Crush your cookies to a very fine crumb.
- Melt the butter in a bowl.
- Grease and line a 9-inch pie pan with cling wrap.
- Mold the cookie crumbs into your prepared pan with your hands.
- Place the crust in the fridge to set for a minimum of 15 minutes before using in any of my pie or tart recipes.
When making shortbread should the butter be cold?
Start with butter that’s refrigerator-cold to prevent the dough from warming up too fast, which would make it greasy and difficult to roll. If the dough does get soft or sticky as you’re rolling or cutting it, just put it in the refrigerator for 10 or 15 minutes to chill the butter.
How do you make pumpkin shortbread?
- In a bowl, combine 1/4 cup sugar and flour; cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into an ungreased 13×9-in.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin, salt, spices and remaining sugar. Stir in milk.
- Bake at 425° for 15 minutes.
- Cut into 15 squares.