How do I identify my Subaru engine?
Subaru uses a four or five character code to identify all of their engines.
- The first letter is always E standing for engine (before the introduction of FB engine series)
- The second letter is the engine’s family.
- Next come two digits indicating the engine’s displacement (or revision before 1989)
What engine is in my Impreza?
Subaru engines specifications
|9||IMPREZA WRX||EJ255 H4 DOHC 16 VALVES 2.5|
|10||IMPREZA WRX||FA20F H4 DOHC 16 VALVES 2.0|
|11||IMPREZA WRX STI||EJ257 H4 DOHC 16 VALVES 2.5|
|12||IMPREZA WRX STI||EJ257 H4 DOHC 16 VALVES 2.5|
Where is the engine code on a Subaru engine?
Since there are thousands of combinations of numbers in these codes, you should call your Subaru dealer or mechanic and report the code so that she can tell you what the code means. If you are asked your engine’s serial number, you can find this number on the machined boss on the left side of the clutch housing.
Where is the EJ20 engine number?
Where Is The Ej20 Engine Number? On the block itself will be an engine number, which will then be stamped.
What Subaru has the ej25?
The second generation of the EJ255 is used in the 2006-2008 WRX, the 2007+ Legacy, and the 2006+ Forester. It uses a slightly different cylinder block and cylinder heads. JDM Forester STI used VF41 turbocharger, WRX III – VF52 (0.92 bars). The Legacy GT up to 2009 used VH46 (0.96 bars, 250 hp at 6000 rpm).
How do you turn off the check engine light on a Subaru Impreza?
How to Reset a Subaru Check Engine Light
- Open the hood of your Subaru and loosen the nut that holds the cable clamp to the negative battery terminal.
- Slide the cable off the negative battery terminal.
- Wait 5 minutes, then reconnect the cable and tighten the retaining nut.
How do you reset the code on a Subaru?
Subaru Check Engine Light Reset: How to Reset
- Step 1: Utilize a code scanner.
- Step 2: Get an On-Board Diagnostic Scanner.
- Step 3: Make the connection of the scanner to the steering column.
- Step 4: Turn on the scanner.
- Read the problem and clear it.
- Disconnecting Battery Method.
- Subaru Check Engine Light Reset: What & Why.
What engine is in a 2002 Subaru Impreza?
2.0 L 4-cylinder
2.5 L 4-cylinder
2002 Subaru Impreza/Engine
Are all EJ205 the same?
The name EJ205 is just a basic designation of an EJ engine, with 2.0 liters of displacement, and the 5 or 7 is an identifier for whether it came out of a WRX/Forester (5) or STi (7). Swapping some EJ205 engines is much easier than swapping other EJ205s because not all EJ205 engines have the same characteristics.