How do you cite a direct quote in AMA?
AMA Style Guide : Direct Quote Indicate it is a quote by using double quotation marks around the original phrase. The superscript appears after the quotation mark. If a quote is over four lines, use a block qoute instead.
How do you format AMA reference list?
General format for all references: Abbreviated Title of Journal. Year of publication;volume(issue):page numbers. Book: Author AA, Author BB, Author CC. Title of Book.
How do you cite a PDF in AMA format?
Author Surname Author Initial. Title. City: Publisher; Year Published:Pages Used. Available at: http://Website URL.
How do you cite a PDF in AMA?
How do you cite a picture in AMA?
In your reference list, cite an image the same way you would cite a website. Author(s). Title of specific item cited (or, if unavailable, give the name of the organization responsible for the site). Name of Web Site.
How do you write a paper in AMA format?
- Margins: One inch margins are required around the text.
- Line Spacing: Double-space the main text (single space only within the abstract, notes, titles and headings, block quotes, tables and figures, and references—everything but the main text)
- Font: Use Times New Roman, 12-point font.
How do I cite an AMA website?
- Author(s) – (or, if no author is available, the name of the organization responsible for the site).
- Title of the specific item cited (if none is given, use the name of the organization responsible for the site).
- Name of the website.
- Published date (if available)
- Updated date (if available)
- Accessed date.
How do you format AMA?
AMA requires that in-text references be cited numerically in consecutive order using superscript Arabic numerals. Use the numerals outside periods and commas. the superscript button in the Font section at the top of the screen. after each number.
How do you in-text cite AMA?
Using author’s names in-text: You may use author names in your text, as long as these mentions are accompanied by numbered citations. Use last names only….The Superscript number is inserted:
- Immediately next to the fact, idea or quotation being cited.
- Outside periods and commas.
- Inside colons and semi-colons.