Is appendix and reference the same?
The Appendix or if there are more than one, Appendices, appear at the end of the document after the list of references. They include material which is too detailed to include in the main body of the report.
Can you put references in an appendix?
Yes, if relevant you can and should include APA citations in your appendices. Any sources cited in your appendices should appear in your reference list. Do not create a separate reference list for your appendices.
How do you format a table of contents?
Format the text in your table of contents
- Go to References > Table of Contents > Custom Table of Contents.
- Select Modify.
- In the Styles list, click the level that you want to change and then click Modify.
- In the Modify Style pane make your changes.
- Select OK to save changes.
What is List of Tables in research paper?
A List of Tables is a reference tool that allows your readers to quickly and easily navigate to data in your thesis or dissertation. Construction of the list is similar to creating a Table of Contents.
How do I add a list of tables in a table of contents?
To create a combined list of tables and figures
- After the table of contents, click where you want to insert the list.
- In the Insert menu, pull down to Index and Tables.
- Click Table of Figures.
- Check Include label and number, Show page numbers, Right align page numbers.
- Click Options.
- Click OK.
- Click OK.
What should be included in table of contents?
Form. A table of contents usually includes the titles or descriptions of first-level headings (chapters in longer works), and often includes second-level headings (sections or A-heads) within the chapters as well, and occasionally even includes third-level headings (subsections or B-heads) within the sections as well.
How do you write a table of contents in a research proposal?
Inserting a Table of Contents:
- Click on REFERENCE tab.
- Click on Table of Contents.
- Click on Custom Table of Contents.
- Make sure that Show levels is set to 3.
- Click on Options. Type a number 1 next to CHPT_title. Remove the numbers next to Heading 1, Heading 2, and Heading 3.
How do you refer to an appendix in a report?
When citing an appendix you are including in your paper refer to a single appendix simply as Appendix. If you include an appendix, you should refer to it in the text of your paper. If you have more than one appendix add letters to differentiate them in the order they appear in your text.
What is the difference between appendix and reference?
The Appendix or if there are more than one, Appendices, appear at the end of the document after the list of references. They include material which is too detailed to include in the main body of the report. What should you put in the Appendix?
What comes first table of contents or introduction?
The table of contents is found on a page right at the beginning of an academic writing project. It comes specifically after the title page and acknowledgements, but before the introductory page of a writing project.