How do I enable IPv6 on Comcast Gateway?
Go to “IPv6” at the left hand side menu. Please make sure that IPv6 is enabled. Select “Dynamic IP” as Internet Connection Type. Go to advanced option, select “Auto” in the “Get IPv6 Address”.
Does Comcast do IPv6?
Comcast’s support of IPv6 A key aspect of Comcast’s IPv6 program is to make the company’s content available over IPv6. We will maintain support for IPv4 while adding support for IPv6. You will not need a new Comcast device when your area makes the switch to IPv6.
Should I enable IPv6 on my router 2021?
When possible, it is better to keep both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses enabled. For example, using only IPv6 can cause some accessibility issues, as only about one third of the internet supports IPv6 addresses. Likewise, disabling IPv6 can cause certain problems, especially if your router is already using an IPv6 address.
How do I configure IPv6 on my router?
How to set up an IPv6 Internet connection on the Wi-Fi Routers (new logo)?
- Log in to the web-based interface of the router.
- Go to Advanced > IPv6.
- Enable IPv6 and select the internet connection type provided by your ISP.
- Fill in information as required by different connection types.
- Configure LAN ports.
How do I change my IPv4 to IPv6?
Under Edit IP settings, select Automatic (DHCP) or Manual.
- To specify IPv4 settings manually. Under Edit IP settings, choose Manual, then turn on IPv4.
- To specify IPv6 settings manually. Under Edit IP settings, choose Manual, then turn on IPv6.
Can you run IPv4 and IPv6 at the same time?
Unless network infrastructure is running what is known as a “dual stack”, i.e. two independent networking stacks that allow the processing and subsequent translation of the two protocols, the infrastructure cannot easily handle both IPv4 and IPv6 at the same time.