How do you create an expandable section in Word?
Select all the headings you want to collapse. Then, on the HOME tab, click the Paragraph dialog box launcher, and check Collapsed by default. Now, when readers open the document, they can use the collapsed headings like a table of contents – choose the section they want to read and click the triangle to expand it.
What are the five types of alignment in Word?
side, middle, top, bottom, and graphing.
How do you use multilevel list in Word?
Define a new list style
- Select the text or numbered list you want to change.
- On the Home tab, in the Paragraph group, click the arrow next to Multilevel List.
- Specify a name for your new list style.
- Choose the number to start the list at.
- Choose a level in the list to apply your formatting.
What is a document outline in Word 2010?
Microsoft Word 2010 provides users with an Outline View and Outlining toolbar, which allows us to create outlines. The first way allows you to use headings and then format your text with Outlining styles just as you would create a numbered list. • The second method involves using the Outline View and Outlining toolbar.
What are the different types of outlines?
There are two main styles of outline: sentence outlines and topic outlines.
- A sample topic outline application: An outline of human knowledge.
- Bare outlines.
- Alphanumeric outline.
- Decimal outline.
- Reverse outline.
- Integrated outline.
How do you outline a text?
Here are five steps to a strong outline:
- Choose Your Topic and Establish Your Purpose. A lot of writers struggle to define the initial focus for their paper.
- Create A List Of Main Ideas. This is the brainstorming part of the writing process.
- Organize Your Main Ideas.
- Flush Out Your Main Points.
- Review and Adjust.
What is a style set in Word?
Style sets include a combination of title, heading, and paragraph styles. Style sets allow you to format all elements in your document at once instead of modifying each element separately. From the Design tab, click the More drop-down arrow in the Document Formatting group.
What is outlining in Word?
Word’s Outline view presents a document in a unique way. It takes advantage of Word’s heading styles to help you group and organize thoughts, ideas, or plotlines in a hierarchical fashion. Outline tools make it easy to shuffle around topics, make subtopics, and mix in text to help organize your thoughts.
Which formatting elements can be included in a style?
font size, type and color. paragraph shading. line and paragraph spacing.
How do I format an outline in Word?
From within Word:
- Click Home and, in the Paragraph group, click the arrow next to Multilevel List.
- Choose an outline style from the List Library.
- Start typing to begin the list.
- To start a new list level, press the Tab key and begin typing.
- Press Enter to return to the previous list level.
How does a document theme differ from a style?
How does a document theme differ from a style? A theme applies an overall design to a document, with no requirement that any text is selected. A style applies formatting characteristics to selected text or to a current paragraph.
What is the little black triangle in Word?
You can quickly add an outline level and make part of your document collapsible by adding a heading using Word’s built-in styles. After applying the heading style, you’ll see a small triangle when you move your cursor over the heading. Click the triangle to collapse the body text and subheadings below it.
How do I draw a box around text in Word?
How to highlight or select text.
- Once the text is highlighted, click the Home tab.
- On the Home tab, click the down arrow on the border to get border options, like those shown in the picture.
- Select the type of border you want to use. If you want a single border around the text, click Outside Borders.
Which option lists the correct steps to apply a style?
Which option lists the correct steps to apply a style? Select the text, click the Home tab, and in the Styles Gallery, click to select a style to apply.