What are the different types of VA ID cards?
Learn about the different types of VA ID cards and other Veteran ID options.
- Department of Defense Identification Card.
- Veteran Health Identification Card.
- Veteran ID Card.
- Veteran’s designation on a state-issued driver’s license or ID.
How do I get proof of military service?
You can request your military records in any of these ways:
- Mail or fax a Request Pertaining to Military Records (Standard Form SF 180) to the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC).
- Write a letter to the NPRC.
- Visit the NPRC in person.
- Contact your state or county Veterans agency.
- Hire an independent researcher.
When can I apply for my veterans ID card?
Some veterans will automatically be given one of the new cards, with all former personnel being able to apply for one by the end of 2019.
What color are military ID cards?
|Blue Bar: Non-U.S. Citizen Sponsors and their Dependents||White: Current/Former Uniformed Service Members, their Dependents, and All Remaining Personnel|
Can I get a military ID if my dad is a veteran?
Are survivors eligible for a military ID? A surviving spouse and eligible children of deceased active-duty members, retired military members, Medal of Honor recipients and 100% disabled veterans are eligible for military IDs.
What do you need to get retired military ID?
At least one form of ID must be a valid state or federal government-issued picture identification (for example, passport, driver’s license, or current DoD ID card). If you are a dependent, you must provide a completed DD Form 1172-2 and two forms of ID in original form.
How do you get a military veteran ID card?
Your Social Security number
How do you get a VA ID card?
• Lock up financial documents and records containing sensitive information and don’t carry items with personal information. • Shred sensitive documents. • Secure your wireless network and lock your computer.
How to get military ID for veterans?
The sponsor served at least 20 years that is creditable in determining the sponsor’s eligibility for retired or retainer pay
How do you replace a lost VA ID card?
You can request a replacement card at the VA medical center where you had your picture taken. You’ll need to bring your driver’s license, passport, or other government ID or be able to answer a series of challenge questions so we can verify your identity before we give you a new card.