What are the safety precautions before an earthquake?
Make sure you have a fire extinguisher, first aid kit, a battery-powered radio, a flashlight, and extra batteries at home. Learn first aid. Learn how to turn off the gas, water, and electricity. Make up a plan of where to meet your family after an earthquake.
What are the safety precautions after an earthquake?
After an earthquake:
- Go to your predetermined outdoor meeting location.
- Check for and extinguish small fires.
- If you smell gas or hear a hissing sound, open a window and quickly leave the building.
- Check appliances and electric lines for damage.
- Check for sewage and water line damage.
What are the safety measures that before during and after an earthquake occurs?
Secure heavy furniture, hanging plants, heavy pictures or mirrors. Keep flammable or hazardous liquids in cabinets or on lower shelves. Maintain emergency food, water and other supplies, including a flashlight, a portable battery-operated radio, extra batteries, medicines, first aid kit and clothing.
What are the 7 Steps to Earthquake Safety?
Seven Steps to Earthquake Safety
- Step 1 – Identify Hazards in the Home:
- Step 2 – Create Your Disaster Plan.
- Step 3 – Create Disaster Supply Kits.
- Step 4 – Identify Your Home’s Potential Weaknesses.
- Step 5 – Drop, Cover, and Hold On.
- Step 6 – After the Shaking Stops Check for Damages and Injuries Needing Immediate Attention.
What precautions would you take to protect yourself from earthquake when you are at home and when you are outdoors?
When you’re outdoors, move to a clear area. Be away from signs, trees, electrical wires, buildings and poles. If you’ve been standing on a sidewalk near buildings, get under a doorway. It will protect you from plaster, glass, bricks and other debris.
What precautions would you take to protect yourself from earthquake Class 8?
Protection against Earthquakes
- Hide under a table.
- If in bed, protect your head with a pillow.
- Stay away from tall,heavy objects which may fall on you.
How can you prepare for an earthquake at home?
1. Check for Hazards in the Home
- Fasten shelves securely to walls.
- Place large or heavy objects on lower shelves.
- Store breakable items such as bottled foods, glass, and china in low, closed cabinets with latches.
- Hang heavy items such as pictures and mirrors away from beds, couches, and anywhere people sit.
What necessary actions will you take if earthquake occurs?
Drop to the floor, take cover under a sturdy desk or table, and hold on to it so that it doesn’t move away from you. Wait there until the shaking stops. If you are in a structurally sound building, stay there. If you are inside an old weak structure, take the fastest and safest way out.
Which two precautions will you take during an earthquake Class 5 answer?
Take shelter under a table and stay there till the shaking stops. Stay away from tall and heavy objects that may fall on you. If you are in bed, do not get up. Protect your head with a pillow.