What is the discussion section of a research paper?
The discussion section is where you explore the underlying meaning of your research, its possible implications in other areas of study, and the possible improvements that can be made in order to further develop the concerns of your research.
How do you write a discussion in APA format?
- Using APA in discussion posts is very similar to using APA in a paper.
- You need to cite your sources in your discussion post both in-text and in a references section.
- Note: There is not currently a way to create a hanging indent if your reference goes on more than one line.
What is the difference between conclusion and discussion?
Discussion is how are these data compare with previous workers’ finds. Conclusion is what you learned from all this work. The meaning of the results in everyday life, or elsewhere.
How do you write a conclusion for a project?
How to Write a Conclusion
- Include a topic sentence. Conclusions should always begin with a topic sentence.
- Use your introductory paragraph as a guide. When writing your conclusion, keep a copy of your introductory paragraph on hand as a reference.
- Summarize the main ideas.
- Appeal to the reader’s emotions.
- Include a closing sentence.
What does conclusion mean in writing?
Your conclusion is your chance to have the last word on the subject. The conclusion allows you to have the final say on the issues you have raised in your paper, to synthesize your thoughts, to demonstrate the importance of your ideas, and to propel your reader to a new view of the subject.
What goes in the discussion section in APA?
Discussing your findings
- DO: Provide context and explain why people should care. DON’T: Simply rehash your results.
- DO: Emphasize the positive. DON’T: Exaggerate.
- DO: Look toward the future. DON’T: End with it.
What are the 5 steps in summarizing a text?
- Read and understand the text carefully.
- Think about the purpose of the text. Ask what the author’s purpose is in writing the text?
- Select the relevant information.
- Find the main ideas – what is important.
- Change the structure of the text.
- Rewrite the main ideas in complete sentences.
- Check your work.
What should be included in the discussion section?
The discussion chapter is where you delve into the meaning, importance and relevance of your results. It should focus on explaining and evaluating what you found, showing how it relates to your literature review and research questions, and making an argument in support of your overall conclusion.
How do you write a good results section?
More Tips for Writing a Results Section
- Use the past tense. The results section should be written in the past tense.
- Be concise and objective. You will have the opportunity to give your own interpretations of the results in the discussion section.
- Use APA format.
- Visit your library.
- Get a second opinion.
How do you end a discussion essay?
The conclusion will contain a summary of the main points, and will often conclude with recommendations, based on what you think are the most important ideas in the essay. The conclusion may also contain your opinion on the topic, also based on the preceding evidence.
How do you write a discussion and results section?
Tips to Write the Discussion Section
- Highlight the significance of your findings.
- Mention how the study will fill the gap of knowledge.
- Indicate the implication of your research.
- Avoid generalizing, misinterpreting your results, drawing a conclusion with no supportive findings from your results.
How do you write findings in a project report?
Find the story in your data. Present your findings. Discuss your findings. Using cautious language….Quantitative data
- a location element.
- a summary of the information presented in the figure.
- a highlighting statement to point out what is significant in all the data presented (eg trends, patterns, results that stand out).
How do you use the word conclusion?
Conclusion in a Sentence 🔉
- The conclusion of our meeting came at seven o’clock, an hour after we had started and a full thirty minutes longer than we had planned.
- The conclusion of World War Two saw the Allied powers victorious over the Axis, but it lead to far greater strength for the forces of Communism.
What should be included in a conclusion and discussion?
Restate your hypothesis or research question. Restate your major findings. Tell the reader what contribution your study has made to the existing literature. Highlight any limitations of your study.
What is the discussion in an APA paper?
The Discussion section contains the conclusions that can be drawn from the results. Be sure to restate the hypotheses here (though more generally than you did in the results section, e.g., discuss hypotheses with reference to individual behavior).