Which of the following is a disadvantage of departmentalization by function?
Disadvantages of functional departmentalization Decision making becomes slower and more bureaucratic. De-emphasis of overall company objectives. Accountability and performance become increasingly difficult to monitor.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of functional departmentalization?
Advantages And Disadvantages Of Functional Departmentation
- Simplicity. Functional departmentation is simple and common form of departmentation.
- Better Coordination.
- Optimum Utilization Of Resources.
- Slow Decision Making.
- High Supervision Cost.
- Lack Of Innovation And Creativity.
What is functional Departmentalisation?
Functional departmentalization is an organizational structure where business leaders divide teams according to the professionals’ areas of specialization.
Which of the following is a disadvantage of a functional structure?
Answer and Explanation: One disadvantage of a functional organizational structure is d. It does not facilitate a straightforward approach to supervision and management.
Which of the following is a disadvantage of functional departmentalization quizlet?
Which of the following is a disadvantage of functional departmentalization? Supervision is hindered. Coordinating activities within a department is difficult.
Which of the following is a disadvantage of market Departmentalisation?
1. There is high chance of conflict between different departments. 2. Due to low demand, resources may not be fully utilized.
What are the disadvantages of functional organization?
4 Main Disadvantages of Functional Organisation
- (1) Ignorance of Organisational Objectives:
- (2) Difficulty in Interdepartmental Coordination:
- (3) Conflict of Interest:
- (4) Hurdle in Complete Development:
What are some advantages and disadvantages of functional structures?
Organizing a company in this way has inherent advantages and disadvantages.
- Advantage: Specialization.
- Advantage: Operational Speed.
- Advantage: Operational Clarity.
- Disadvantage: Segregation.
- Disadvantage: Weakening of Common Bonds.
- Disadvantage: Lack of Coordination.
- Disadvantage: Territorial Disputes.
What company uses functional departmentalization?
The functional hierarchy feature of Starbucks Coffee’s organizational structure refers to grouping based on business function. For example, the company has an HR department, a finance department and a marketing department.
What is the advantage of functional approach?
Advantages of a functional structure specialisation – departments focus on one area of work. productivity – specialism means that staff are skilled in the tasks they do. accountability – there are clear lines of management. clarity – employees understand their own and others’ roles.
Which of the following is a disadvantage of functional strategy?
Which of the following is a disadvantage of a functional strategy? It cannot effectively address a higher level of diversification.
Which of the following is a disadvantage of a functional project?
Which of the following is a disadvantage of functional project management organization? All; Disadvantages of functional project management organization are lack of focus on the project, poor integration across functional units, longer project duration due to slow response time, and lack of ownership.