What is the difference between an annex and an attachment?
As nouns the difference between annex and attachment is that annex is an addition, an extension while attachment is the act or process of (physically or figuratively) attaching.
How do you reference an attachment in a report?
If you cite an attachment in the body, provide a brief notation at the bottom of the letter as well for quick reference. You can also cite the name or type of attachment, or number of pages before the notation. For example, you might note “2 Enc” or “Yearly Report Enclosed.”
Where does an annex go in a document?
An annex is essentially part of the main text but is placed at the end separately so as to make the whole document clearer; whereas an appendix is essentially additional text which full fills the purpose of supplementing the main text.
How do you reference an annex in a report?
To refer to the Appendix within your text, write, (see Appendix A) at the end of the sentence in parentheses. Example: In addition to the limitations of email, Cummings et al.
What is an example of annexation?
Examples of Annexation The most common form of annexation across history has been through military conquest and control. In 1938, for example, Nazi Germany marched into Austria and conquered it. They claimed that they wanted to unify the Germanic people and annexed the former nation of Austria into their country.
What are appendices in a research paper?
Definition. An appendix contains supplementary material that is not an essential part of the text itself but which may be helpful in providing a more comprehensive understanding of the research problem or it is information that is too cumbersome to be included in the body of the paper.
How do you write a table of contents for a research paper?
To write a table of contents, you first write the title or chapter names of your research paper in chronological order. Secondly, you write the subheadings or subtitles, if you have them in your paper. After that, you write the page numbers for the corresponding headings and subheadings.
How do you link an appendix to a table of contents in Word?
Word: Add a separate list of appendices
- Make sure you know the name of the style you use for the appendix headings.
- Go to the References tab > Captions group.
- Click Insert Table of Figures.
- On the Table of Figures dialog box, click Options.
- Select the style you use for the appendix headings from the styles list.
- Check the Style checkbox.
What is an annex in a research paper?
An annex, on the other hand, is usually a standalone document that offers additional information than contained in the main document….Comparison chart.
|Definition||Annex is an addition to a document.||Appendix is an addition made towards the end of a thesis.|
How do you add an appendix to a document?
Follow these steps:
- On the Format menu, click Bullets and Numbering, and then click the Outline Numbered tab.
- Select one of the styles, for example, Chapter 1 (the last style choice).
- In Level, click 7.
- In the Number format field, type “Appendix”, and then press the spacebar to insert a space after the word “Appendix”.
How do I embed a PDF in a word doc?
How To Insert PDF Into Word—From Microsoft Word:
- Open the Word document you want to insert a PDF into.
- Click Insert > Object… > From File…
- Choose the PDF file from the pop-up window and press Insert.
- Ta-da! Your PDF should now be on the page.