Where is the Num Lock key on HP laptop?
Press the button labeled “Scroll.” It will be on the top row, and should be the fourth button from the right. In a blue box under “Scroll” it should read “Num lk.” If your model of HP laptop has a number lock light, it will now turn on.
How do I turn on Num Lock without a Num Lock key?
Right-click the Windows icon, select Settings > Ease of Access > Keyboard, and then move the slider under On-Screen Keyboard. A keyboard appears on the screen. Click Options and check Turn on numeric keypad, then click OK.
Where is the bullet symbol in Word?
Inserting a Bullet
- Position the insertion point where you want the bullet to appear.
- Choose Symbol from the Insert menu. Word displays the Symbol dialog box. (See Figure 1.)
- Use the Font drop-down list to select the font you want to use for the bullet.
- Double-click on the bullet character you want inserted.
- Click on Close.
How do you use Alt codes?
To insert an ASCII character, press and hold down ALT while typing the character code. For example, to insert the degree (º) symbol, press and hold down ALT while typing 0176 on the numeric keypad. You must use the numeric keypad to type the numbers, and not the keyboard.
Why is my numeric keypad not working?
If the NumLock key is disabled, the number keys on the right side of your keyboard will not work. If the NumLock key is enabled and the number keys still don’t work, you can try pressing the NumLock key for about 5 seconds, which did the trick for some users.
How do I turn on Num Lock?
How to turn on or off the NUM LOCK or SCROLL LOCK.
- On a notebook computer keyboard, while holding down the FN key, press either the NUM LOCK or SCROLL LOCK to enable the function. Press the same key combination again to disable the function.
- On a desktop computer keyboard, press NUM LOCK or SCROLL LOCK to enable the function, and press it again to disable the function.
How do I start numbering on page 2?
Add line numbers to a section or to multiple sections
- Click in a section or select multiple sections.
- On the Page Layout tab, in the Page Setup group, click Line Numbers.
- Click Line Numbering Options, and then click the Layout tab.
- In the Apply to list, click Selected sections.
- Click Line Numbers.
What shortcut decreases the bullet level in Word?
Ctrl + Tab : Just indents the text, not the bullet. Ctrl + T : Same as Ctrl + Tab. Ctrl + M : Indents the text and the bullet but does not change the bullet style.
What function key is Num Lock?
The NmLk key is located on the top, right hand side of the keyboard. Sometimes it is on the same key as F8, F7, or Insert. Press Fn+F8, F7, or Insert to enable/disable numlock. For 15-inch or above laptops, the numeric keypad is located on the right side of the keyboard.
How do you continue numbering in Word?
Continuing or Restarting Numbered lists
- Right click on top of the number 1 next to the word Brouhaha.
- Select Continue Numbering.
How do I make symbols with my keyboard?
Press the Numeric Lock (Num Lock) key on the numeric keypad on the right-hand side of the keyboard.
- While holding down the Alt key, type the code for the symbol you want to appear on the numeric keypad.
- Release the Alt key, and the character will appear.
How do you set up numbering numbers in Word?
Change the numbering in a numbered list
- Double-click the numbers in the list. The text won’t appear selected.
- Right-click the number you want to change.
- Click Set Numbering Value.
- In the Set value to: box, use the arrows to change the value to the number you want. Tip: Tempting as it is to manually change the numbers in a list, don’t do it.
What is the Num key?
Num Lock or Numeric Lock (⇭) is a key on the numeric keypad of most computer keyboards. It is a lock key, like Caps Lock and Scroll Lock. Its state (on or off) affects the function of the numeric keypad commonly located to the right of the main keyboard and is commonly displayed by an LED built into the keyboard.
How do you turn on Num Lock on a laptop?
To enable Number Lock with the On-Screen Keyboard:
- Click Start, type on-screen in the search field, then select On-Screen Keyboard from the search results list.
- When the On-Screen Keyboard displays, click Options.
- In the Options window, select Turn on numeric keypad , then click the OK button to save the change.
How do you change numbering to automatic numbering in Word?
Type the number 1 on the first line, followed by a period, and then press the SPACEBAR or the TAB key. Type some text and press ENTER. Word converts the manually typed number into an auto number and adds the next sequential number to the beginning of your new paragraph. Press BACKSPACE to remove the automatic number.
How do you type a dot?
Keyboard Codes: How to Make a Dot
- Open the document in which you want to type a dot.
- Hold down the “Alt” key and then type “250” on your computer’s numeric keypad, which is the separate block of number keys off to the side of your keyboard.
- Tip. On a laptop, the numeric keypad is typically overlaid in a different color on the regular letter keys.
How do you type a small circle?
Quick Guide for Typing Circle Symbol Text [◯] To type the Circle Symbol on Mac, press Option + 25EF shortcut on your keyboard. For Windows users, simply press down one of the Alt keys and type 9 (on Windows) or 9711 (in Word) using the numeric keypad, then let go of the Alt key.
How do I number pages in Word without a cover page?
In the Header & Footer section of the Insert tab, click Page Number and select Format Page Numbers from the drop-down menu. On the Page Number Format dialog box, select Start at in the Page numbering section. Enter 0 in the edit box and click OK. This allows the second page of your document to be labeled as page one.
What is bullets and numbering in MS Word?
Microsoft products allow you to organize content using bulleted and numbered lists. You can also create customized lists by editing the bullet/number font, color, allignment, and icon style.
How do you type a Lenny face?
Hit the following set of the keys in the keyboard to make the Lenny face.
- Shift+9 (
- SPACE …
- ALT + 865 ͡
- ALT + 248 °
- SPACE …
- ALT + 860 ͜
- ALT + 662- ʖ
- SPACE …